Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Darth Didio Speaks on Hellblazer Cancellation

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm

habitual wrote:
So we agree, we should change the imprint of the Legion, change the writer and artists and turn the title completely on it's head, because "It's official the new Legion series is a flop".

In essence we should burn the house down to get rid of the termites.

Hab

No, Legion at needs a new writer and artist. Beyond that, it needs to refocus on what made it a successful book in the first place.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
No, Legion at needs a new writer and artist. Beyond that, it needs to refocus on what made it a successful book in the first place.

The undiscerning taste of children 50 years ago?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

More like a more positive, optimistic future setting, a team in it's late teens-early 20's, good continunity, and a art that is closer to Grell or Cockrum than the looser, more cartoonish art.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
I didn't consider Snyder a "big-name writer" before he started writing Detective. Same with Lemire.

That's nice.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:30 pm

habitual wrote:
It's like DC editorial has given up on the idea that success comes from great writing and great art and has reduced the medium to nothing more than a series of publicity stunts.

Hab

Well yes. Of course. It's been that way for absolutely ages.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

This made me laugh.

I'd say make the Legion youthful, there's a reason why readers always love books about young people, if you're young you feel related, and if you're old you remember your youth. It's a win win scenario.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Arion wrote:
This made me laugh.

I'd say make the Legion youthful, there's a reason why readers always love books about young people, if you're young you feel related, and if you're old you remember your youth. It's a win win scenario.

I would either have Time Trapper/infinite man/Glorith de-age a good chunk of the team back to their teens, or have some kind of soft reboot where continuity was for the most part preserved (with nods to NuSupes), but a younger team.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Jubilee wrote:

But now they've gone to the extreme. Events within the books themselves instead of massive company events. Whoring out properties they think will get them money (Watchmen). Reducing or cutting characters due to them thinking readers are stupid.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
More like a more positive, optimistic future setting, a team in it's late teens-early 20's, good continunity, and a art that is closer to Grell or Cockrum than the looser, more cartoonish art.

I told you they shoulda stuck with the post-Zero-Hour team. You yourself just described them. All DC has to do is hire a more realistic artist than Moy.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Herald wrote:
I told you they shoulda stuck with the post-Zero-Hour team. You yourself just described them. All DC has to do is hire a more realistic artist than Moy.

Archie Legion went way off the rails when it turned Projectra into a snake. It's the pre-LSH #63 continuity that Legion Fandom claimed they wanted.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm

The Nacireman wrote:

No, you're a complete hypocrite when it comes to this argument.

Just accept it.

Hab

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Jubilee wrote:

I'm going to ignore the fact that you're a complete idiot and point out the entire body of Vertigo work.

The downside of what I pointed out is that Marvel is reacting to this, and there a number of people here buying into it.

Hab

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm

habitual wrote:
No, you're a complete hypocrite when it comes to this argument.

Just accept it.

Hab

Plus, it's not just that he objects to the current direction of the LSH book, he's going to go on about it until DC build a Legion title to his specifications.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:48 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Archie Legion went way off the rails when it turned Projectra into a snake.

The books made her partly human during... which story was it, the Hypertaxis story??
In any case, all a writer has to do is take her all the way. Problem solved.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
I didn't consider Snyder a "big-name writer" before he started writing Detective. Same with Lemire.

but Snyder became a "big name" BEFORE he started Swamp Thing...

leave a comment with facebook