Monday, June 25, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

VS.! - DCnU

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 am

I agree with Herald on everything.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 am

Amoebas schooled Herald. Herald didn't even answer some of the questions. He went off on ridiculous tangents.

The funny thing is, I agree with Herald's points on some of the answers, just not the reasoning.

Well done, Amoebas.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 am

The President wrote:Amoebas schooled Herald. Herald didn't even answer some of the questions. He went off on ridiculous tangents.

The funny thing is, I agree with Herald's points on some of the answers, just not the reasoning.

Well done, Amoebas.

Must have been reading a different post than I did. And I'm sure there's a trope for that... :wink:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Herald: I have also been here. I also held my torch and pitchfork high -- and what did it get ME? Noticed by Dan DiDio himself! I don't see any of the DCnU's happy fans getting put in a DiDio comic as a villain, a hero, or anything else, without being close pals with someone in the industry or winning some sort of contest.

I applaud Herald for his openness and good nature at being portrayed as a potentially stereotypical flaming super-villain :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

I think these guys both did a good job with this. It was fun to read while editing.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:10 pm

This was like watching Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh go at it. Two opposing sides taking extreme views where the truth sometimes lands in the middle or sometimes one way or the other enough to give their opinions hope.

That being said I'd probably lean more toward some of Heralds less inflammatory responses when viewing the long term success of this reboot.

PS And I did not know Herald was in a comic. :lol:

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:16 pm

xaraan wrote:This was like watching Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh go at it. Two opposing sides taking extreme views where the truth sometimes lands in the middle or sometimes one way or the other enough to give their opinions hope.

That being said I'd probably lean more toward some of Heralds less inflammatory responses when viewing the long term success of this reboot.

PS And I did not know Herald was in a comic. :lol:

I was too (but it was because they liked me :-D )

That's me they're talking about in the bottom left.

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Herald holding up that Harold Winer appearance as a badge of honor is pretty silly. It may have lacked some class on the part of DC, but it didn't change anything either. It just got him known as the most annoyingly anal comic geek of all time.

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Great read indeed, especially Herald's cameo! That was priceless and really indicative of DC's insecurity. Herald wins, hands down. I can't wrap my head around the DC mindset at all, or it's new fanbase. After reading this debate, I'd chalk up DC's "success" to marketing a trendy product that appeals to a hipster fan base who would rather be a part of a social niche than enjoying comics for what they are.

It reminds me of the fans in the 90's who collected and never read any of their multiple foil embossed issues. :smt011

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Oh please. Didio's response was fucking brilliant and done in a way that Herald has no option but to play along with :lol:
Tell me that if someone spent years relentlessly attacking you, insulting your intelligence and job ethics, and demanding your head on a stick that you wouldn't do something in response.
Hell, look at the Maury Povich-quality poster-vs-poster bitch-fests that add hours of entertainment to this site on a regular basis :lol:

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Let's not rewrite history. Herald doesn't play along with it. He is butthurt by it. I think he called it "classless."

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Wait.....the Harold Winer character was later killed off after his debut? Issue? :lol:

edit: nvm he actually made a fair few more appearances than I expected:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Harol ... ppearances

#'s 29, 33, 38-40 collecting the Herald Saga.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm

achilles wrote:I agree with Herald on everything.

In herald we trust
Who did dr light rape anyway?
Stoopid reboot

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 pm

holtom2000 wrote:In herald we trust
Who did dr light rape anyway?
Stoopid reboot

Sue Dibney
He referred to draining the female Doctor Light as "rape"
In the Spectre Final Crisis story he was ready to rape a gang of teen girls dressed up like the Teen Titans

I think after Identity Crisis he became the western equivalent of Rapeman.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Sue who's husband was never in the jla?

leave a comment with facebook