Advertisement

Defenders #8 (I don't breathe Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Defenders #8 (I don't breathe Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:29 am

Jamie McKelvie and Mike Norton come on board as the book’s new artists, and they do a brilliant job. I love McKelvie’s art style, and it’s great to see him get to draw all the crazy Fraction can throw at him, and pull it off with such style, This issue just looked cool as hell. The story picks up where #7 left off, with the Defenders desperately trying to avert a war between Wakanda and Z’Gambo by defeating John Aman. Black Cat hovers around the edges too, getting into trouble and generally being a lot of fun. The fight between John Aman and the team was very cool, with everyone getting involved, and the Silver Surfer getting to be appropriately weird. We got some more insight into John Aman’s motivations in this issue, as we saw flashbacks to his team coming into contact with a Concordance Engine for the first time. Some of the cryptic hints that have been the series’ buzzwords cropped up in dialogue for the first time, and while it’s a start, there’s still a lot left unanswered. It looks like whatever happened to the Defenders at the very end may give us some answers. Aman orchestrated everything to get the 3 Brass Frogs together again to create a new Engine. What is going on! I’m scared. Hold me.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand