Advertisement

Defenders #6 (I don't know, we've been drinking... Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Defenders #6 (I don't know, we've been drinking... Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:56 pm

As a huge fan of Matt Fraction’s Iron Fist run, it was absolutely brilliant to have him back writing in that world, even if he had to go and kill off a bunch of the Immortal Weapons and turn one of them evil. At least Fat Cobra didn’t bite it, he’s so awesome. This issue was probably my favourite issue of this title so far, and it went some way towards explaining what’s been going on, and just how this title is going to explore the ‘secret history’ of the Marvel Universe. So let me get this straight, these weird engine things, you can’t talk about them, and it’s for that reason that characters like Orson Randall from the past remained unknown until they finally show up in the present. Fraction is providing an in-story reason for retcons, and it’s working a hell of a lot better than ‘Superboy punched a wall’. As well as the coolness of this back-story stuff, this issue also featured some fantastic individual moments, such as all of Orson Randall’s past adventures, Silver Surfer’s general weirdness and then whatever it was he transformed into in order to barf John Aman into a volcano, that thing was freaky. And of course, the little bottom-of-the-page notes continue to entertain and enlighten.

Advertisement

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Re: Defenders #6 (I don't know, we've been drinking... Spoil

Postby Kerny » Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Haven't read yet, but the Prince of Orphans is now evil?

I really liked the Immortal Weapons, hate to see em go like that. Thought they could have got some more mini's or an ongoing

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand