Advertisement

Demon Knights #5 (Wallbreaker Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Demon Knights #5 (Wallbreaker Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am

Finally! The big battle finally kicks off at the end of this issue after a bit too much build-up for my liking. Here’s hoping that #6 kicks a serious amount of ass to make up for lost time. Not that the build-up wasn’t good storytelling, but I wanted some swords and sorcery action. The revelation that Vandal Savage is a traitor came as no real surprise, but it was well done, nothing helps make an even shocking like killing a child. I also liked that Savage’s position with the Questing Queen is hardly secure, he kissed her, which is sure to piss of Mordru. I can imagine him bouncing back to our heroes eventually. The conceit of Mordru and the QQ trying to tempt over each member of the Demon Knights was a little repetitive, but it did shed light on all of the characters and develop them, especially Al-Jabr, who is probably my favourite character, it’s rare to see a sceptic in fantasy stories, and it’s a fun position, he reminds me of a medieval Iron Man, fiercely pro-science in the face of what is obviously magic.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand