Advertisement

diana_fan/someone who knows Wonder Woman. Trinity#1spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

diana_fan/someone who knows Wonder Woman. Trinity#1spoilers

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 am

Okay... so I'll admit I don't know much about WW, but what the heck is Clark talking about Her losing her powers out of costume?

Advertisement

diana_fan

Liked in: 59 posts

Re: diana_fan/someone who knows Wonder Woman. Trinity#1spoil

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:06 pm

thefourthman wrote:Okay... so I'll admit I don't know much about WW, but what the heck is Clark talking about Her losing her powers out of costume?

OK, this is just debris from Heinhack's Annual (oh how I loathe that man).

Basically, he had Circe cast a spell (Circe! Like we need more fucking Circe!) that made it so Wonder Woman would lose her powers when she would spin into her "civilian" (I call it FALSE) identity.

Now, forgetting for a moment that her powers were granted to her by the gods themselves, and forgetting for a moment the sheer lack of story-telling opportunities that it presents, here's the REAL problem:

Diana, in her FALSE identity, powerless, could be walking down the street, and get show and killed in a drive by. Wonder Woman could be hit by a bus, and killed. Now, ask yourself: Would Diana take this chance? Of course not. She knows her responsibility to the world, to the human race, to her mother, to her sisters, to everyone.

So, what should she do? Just not do the ludicrous and nostalgia-inspired "Wonder Spin" to change. Be Wonder Woman, then put on normal clothes. Duh.

But for some INANE reason, everyone, from Gail to Kurt to DiDio seems to be running with this stupid, stupid, stupid piece of shit character development that Heinhack came up with.

You know, there are creators whom I don't really respect (Liefeld, Byrne, Millar, to name a few), but there are none I would kick in the junk, except for one: Heinhack. That piece of shit almost single-handedly destroyed the WW franchise. I'd spit in his face, and not feel a moment's remorse.

OK, I think all of that was probably more than you wanted or needed, in terms of an answer. :) But there ya go.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 pm

So, how do you really feel? :P

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:20 pm

diana_fan wrote:OK, this is just debris from Heinhack's Annual (oh how I loathe that man).

Basically, he had Circe cast a spell (Circe! Like we need more fucking Circe!) that made it so Wonder Woman would lose her powers when she would spin into her "civilian" (I call it FALSE) identity.

Now, forgetting for a moment that her powers were granted to her by the gods themselves, and forgetting for a moment the sheer lack of story-telling opportunities that it presents, here's the REAL problem:

Diana, in her FALSE identity, powerless, could be walking down the street, and get show and killed in a drive by. Wonder Woman could be hit by a bus, and killed. Now, ask yourself: Would Diana take this chance? Of course not. She knows her responsibility to the world, to the human race, to her mother, to her sisters, to everyone.

So, what should she do? Just not do the ludicrous and nostalgia-inspired "Wonder Spin" to change. Be Wonder Woman, then put on normal clothes. Duh.

But for some INANE reason, everyone, from Gail to Kurt to DiDio seems to be running with this stupid, stupid, stupid piece of shit character development that Heinhack came up with.

You know, there are creators whom I don't really respect (Liefeld, Byrne, Millar, to name a few), but there are none I would kick in the junk, except for one: Heinhack. That piece of shit almost single-handedly destroyed the WW franchise. I'd spit in his face, and not feel a moment's remorse.

OK, I think all of that was probably more than you wanted or needed, in terms of an answer. :) But there ya go.

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 pm

john lewis wrote:So, how do you really feel? :P

Yeah, I sorta went off into rant mode there. :)

But hey, at least I answered the question, right?

But WW is one of the reasons I even read comics in the first place. What Heinberg did (and it goes WAY beyond story-telling and characterization) was utterly unforgivable. Demanding a new #1 when they were considering finally renumbering WW to bring it into line with Superman and Batman, for instance, is a gross example of hubris. The massive delays. The total Lynda Carter-fed (and hey! Lynda was my first crush! I had feelings for her that I didn't even understand) nostalgia trip. All of it.

UGH!

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:25 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Image

LOL :)

Yeah, asking me WW questions can get dicey sometimes. :)

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:31 pm

diana_fan wrote:OK, this is just debris from Heinhack's Annual (oh how I loathe that man).

:twisted:

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Kerny wrote:Image

:twisted:

Listen, you hill-billy mother-fucker in-bred Incest Lad! You want to bring in? BRING IT!!!!

Bring your tiny little WV ass up to D-Town, and we'll show you a "good" time. ;)

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Are you going to take him dancing?
SHABBA!

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Keb wrote:Are you going to take him dancing?

That is at least part of the plan. Possibly a trip to ballet, as well.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 pm

hmmm...are you also buying dinner?
SHABBA!

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Keb wrote:hmmm...are you also buying dinner?

No, I'm not 13 years old :wink: :P

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Keb wrote:hmmm...are you also buying dinner?

Nah. His mom is.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Kerny wrote:No, I'm not 13 years old :wink: :P
So you're 13 and a half?
SHABBA!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 pm

diana_fan wrote:LOL :)

Yeah, asking me WW questions can get dicey sometimes. :)

But when you need an answer, there is one guy who is better than anyone on this subject. :D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand