Advertisement

Don't forget today's big DC release...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Postby Dragavon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 pm

What the fuck was this shit?

Yes Rex came back but all it was was Alfred going to each and every one of them. This should not even be a regular issue much less a special issue. :smt011
Image

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Herald wrote::shock:

Hey, I like BL, Katana, Metamorpho, and Halo, too, but let's not say things we can't take back.
It's Chap. Never expect an intelligent repsonse. :twisted:

Oh yeah, just to really twist the knife:

Batgirl (Cassie) >>>>>>>> a thousand Halo's

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:33 pm

john lewis wrote:Batgirl (Cassie) >>>>>>>> a thousand Halo's

complete lunacy.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:37 pm

chap22 wrote:completely true.
I'm so happy you see things the right way.

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13066
Likes: 281 posts
Liked in: 373 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Postby Herald » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Not a bad issue. Nevertheless:

I do hope any future mention of BL's so-called "daughters" is kept to the barest minimum.

Halo has never gone by "Violet", only Gabrielle. Maybe that was just writer error, but if not... :?

Katana has never been a practicing Buddhist.

The revamped Creeper, I can take or leave. Meh.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44126
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 266 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:56 pm

john lewis wrote:It's Chap. Never expect an intelligent repsonse. :twisted:

Oh yeah, just to really twist the knife:

Batgirl (Cassie) >>>>>>>> a thousand Halo's


Complete and utter truth. Halo is what? 30 now? Probably be snuggling to Katana for motherly love when it fit more with Cass. :P They better goddamn have Cass pop in now and again with Katana. That was the best damn thing of Dixon's run. Besides.. I guess we can start the Halo death watch now. After all she's probably the one whose going to die if ever death is come's for the team. No way is Creeper, BL, Geo, Rex, and Katanna gonna bite it.

Halo is well deadweight.

*twists that knife further*
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Zechs wrote:Complete and utter truth. Halo is what? 30 now? Probably be snuggling to Katana for motherly love when it fit more with Cass. :P They better goddamn have Cass pop in now and again with Katana. That was the best damn thing of Dixon's run. Besides.. I guess we can start the Halo death watch now. After all she's probably the one whose going to die if ever death is come's for the team. No way is Creeper, BL, Geo, Rex, and Katanna gonna bite it.

Halo is well deadweight.

*twists that knife further*
I'm not to impressed by this line-up. Teams should live up to their name and I don't think any of the team except for the Creeper do. Lighting's a former politician who has two kids, Geo's a ruler of a country, and Katanna and Rex are both middle-aged. Halo works but do I would never imagine someone with that name being on a special-ops team.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44126
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 266 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:13 pm

john lewis wrote:I'm not to impressed by this line-up. Teams should live up to their name and I don't think any of the team except for the Creeper do. Lighting's a former politician who has two kids, Geo's a ruler of a country, and Katanna and Rex are both middle-aged. Halo works but do I would never imagine someone with that name being on a special-ops team.


Honestly I really don't see the Geo or BL love. They're characters just SOOOOO suck. We lost Cass for this?
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Zechs wrote:Honestly I really don't see the Geo or BL love. They're characters just SOOOOO suck. We lost Cass for this?
Geo's cool in that he's ruler who has that whole "I'm a ruler so thus I'm cooler than you" attitude but he's pretty much the Chinatown version of Doom, the Panther, and any other comic book ruler out there.

Lightning's cool too because he's a blaxploitation character like Luke Cage who's developed quite a bit in recent years much like Cage. What makes not a ripoff though is that he's pretty much what Cage will be in a few years if Marvel continues getting him growth.

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13066
Likes: 281 posts
Liked in: 373 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Postby Herald » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 am

john lewis wrote:Lightning's cool too because he's a blaxploitation character like Luke Cage who's developed quite a bit in recent years much like Cage. What makes not a ripoff though is that he's pretty much what Cage will be in a few years if Marvel continues getting him growth.


BL developed in Isabella's 2 solo series and Barr's Outsiders runs. All they've done nowadays is retroactively saddle him with this ridiculous "family" baggage that he didn't need.

MoneyMelon
User avatar
Chief Yankee Wanker
 
Posts: 26406
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:02 pm
Title: Internet Celebrity


Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:42 pm

I have no idea who Halo is, but I really enjoyed the special.

I wish Kubert was the regular artist for the book.
Image

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I have no idea who Halo is, but I really enjoyed the special.


there are WAY too many people around these parts who really need to check out the Batman & the Outsiders Showcase TPB. :smt011
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Zechs wrote:Honestly I really don't see the Geo or BL love. They're characters just SOOOOO suck. We lost Cass for this?

here's another one. :roll: read original BATO #2 and especially #19...you'll get a feel for why G-F's cool. and any issue of that series will show you why BL is.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

MoneyMelon
User avatar
Chief Yankee Wanker
 
Posts: 26406
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:02 pm
Title: Internet Celebrity


Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:48 pm

chap22 wrote:there are WAY too many people around these parts who really need to check out the Batman & the Outsiders Showcase TPB. :smt011

I never read any DC books other than Batman until the 90s

I was a Marvel kid.
Image

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Herald wrote:Halo has never gone by "Violet", only Gabrielle. Maybe that was just writer error, but if not... :?

actually, technically she did between issues 16 and 20 of vol. 1. ;-)

Katana has never been a practicing Buddhist.

i'll be honest, this ain't nearly the hang-up for me that it obviously is
for you, but she's never been portrayed as a practicing anything else either, has she?

The revamped Creeper, I can take or leave. Meh.
agreed. the Ryder persona needs to be MUCH saner to make that character work for me. i think Creeper's a great fit for this team, just not this take on the Creeper.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle-Tain Summer, Yahoo [Bot] and 56 guests

Advertisement