Advertisement

Dos Vidanya Winter Soldier

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Dos Vidanya Winter Soldier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Do Svidaniya Winter Soldier

Writer confirms title's cancellation.

Source: ‘Heartbroken’ Latour & Klein bid farewell to ‘Winter Soldier’

Though he only recently started his run on Marvel's Winter Soldier title this past February (with issue #15), writer Jason Latour broke the sad news on his blog that the title will be cancelled with June's issue #19.

WINTER SOLDIER'S END

On the cancellation of WINTER SOLDIER with issue #19:

Well, I won't lie, after spending the last 9 months or so living in Bucky Barnes's skin, I'm a little heart broken. He's grown to be a very special character to me, maybe my favorite Marvel character ever, and I felt I could've written his story for years. The opportunity to do so came at a very trying time in my life and really helped me through some tough stuff, so in it's way it's very personal work. I hope that shows.

Latour goes on to thank the fans and his collaborators in the blog entry.

Series artist Nic Klein also thanked the fans and provided a "parting gift" of artwork.

Winter Soldier by Nic Klein

It will be interesting to see where the Winter Soldier character will be in April 2014, when the sequel to the Captain America film (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) arrives in theaters.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1003 posts

Re: Dos Vidanya Winter Soldier

Postby HNutz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Huh.

Figured this book was safe until the new Cap movie came out.

Maybe they'll relaunch it, then?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 874 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:29 pm

HNutz wrote:Huh.

Figured this book was safe until the new Cap movie came out.

Maybe they'll relaunch it, then?

I would say there is a good chance of that. Or a mini at least.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Such a shame they cancelled this book as the character grew on me.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I would say there is a good chance of that. Or a mini at least.

I expect he'll end up on a team (Secret Avengers maybe?) and possible back in the Captain America supporting cast- maybe a Cap & Winter soldier team up mini in time for the movie (just so Cap's name is in the title)

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 712 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am

mrorangesoda wrote:
I expect he'll end up on a team (Secret Avengers maybe?) and possible back in the Captain America supporting cast- maybe a Cap & Winter soldier team up mini in time for the movie (just so Cap's name is in the title)

they've already said he'd show up in Secret Avengers. But Brevoort the other day said don't think they are done with the character/title. Alonso has said there are a lot of new books coming up, so i wouldn't be surprised if we get a relaunch of the book

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am

Not intending to knock the current talent, but when Brubaker and the various prior artists drop off, you really need to follow up with a marquee creative team on a book like this one. I'm not shocked in the least.

That said, we should probably all start considering any new titles 18-19 issue mini series. And 18-19 is a best case scenario.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:23 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Not intending to knock the current talent, but when Brubaker and the various prior artists drop off, you really need to follow up with a marquee creative team on a book like this one. I'm not shocked in the least.

That said, we should probably all start considering any new titles 18-19 issue mini series. And 18-19 is a best case scenario.

I realize that this is the reality these days, but it's one aspect of current fandom that I really don't like. In the end who cares who the creative team is as long as the series is still good. Certain writers can give an idea if a series is going to be good or not, but that indication shouldn't be the final judgement. When a creative team that brought me to a title leaves, I'll always give the team coming in a chance.

With Winter Soldier the series was still good and too many people just left without waiting to see that. :smt011

Thank you Troy for the sig

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I realize that this is the reality these days, but it's one aspect of current fandom that I really don't like. In the end who cares who the creative team is as long as the series is still good. Certain writers can give an idea if a series is going to be good or not, but that indication shouldn't be the final judgement. When a creative team that brought me to a title leaves, I'll always give the team coming in a chance.

With Winter Soldier the series was still good and too many people just left without waiting to see that. :smt011

I hate it too. I wish it wasn't the case, but Winter Soldier probably only got the green light because of names like Brubaker, Lark, etc... New readers are an almost extinct species, and the ones of us who are, frankly, barely keeping this industry afloat, are more likely (and it's a bad quality) to keep reading if they replace the guys that got us to pick up the book in the first place with a nice, comfortable new big name team. Even then, we're such a fickle group that its still not likely to make it to 24 issues. It's sad. It's true.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Not intending to knock the current talent, but when Brubaker and the various prior artists drop off, you really need to follow up with a marquee creative team on a book like this one. I'm not shocked in the least.

Indeed. I didn't think it would last long without Brubaker on it. Maybe if Rucka wrote it?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand