Advertisement

Dropped!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 24 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Dropped!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Avengers wouldn't be great without New Avengers, but with New Avengers a bigger picture is building that is very exciting.

Justice League is "so bad its good" on a level only ASBARTBW ever achieved.

Advertisement

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Astonishing X-Men is the only thing I've dropped in awhile. Usually the books I read get cancelled so I don't have to quit buying them.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Bedlam is pushing it. Really pushing it.

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. The last volume was revolting.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Amazing/Superior Spider-Man - Just a bad idea done badly more than likely so they can reset Spidey's status quo yet again.
Green Lantern - If Hal and/or Sinestro come back, I will stay on the title. If it continues to be about Simon Baz, I am done.
Nightwing - Brett Booth becoming the new artist seems like the perfect jumping off point for me.
Swamp Thing - As soon as Snyder exits the title, I will probably drop the title although I may give Soule one chance to impress me.
Uncanny Avengers - I am going to stick with the title through the first arc but I will drop the title as soon as Acuña joins as the new regular artist.
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Reading that Fatale looks to be getting an extension annoys me. I've been waiting for Brubaker and Phillips to wrap it up and move on back to criminal and incognito :(

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:52 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Reading that Fatale looks to be getting an extension annoys me. I've been waiting for Brubaker and Phillips to wrap it up and move on back to criminal and incognito :(

In interviews from January of last year, Ed B said he envisioned it running about 15 issues and he had a definite endpoint in mind--but things could change.

Then, late last year:

FATALE, the beautifully drawn and conceived crime comic by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips has been presented as a very well received series of minis up until now, but it seems Brubaker has so many ideas for the main character he’s decided to make it an ongoing. Via PR:
Josephine, heroine of Ed Brubaker’s and Sean Phillips Image Comics series FATALE, has carried the curse for decades — able to enthrall men but chased by an ancient evil, she is seemingly destined to cause the ruination of anyone who loves her. The haunting series was originally planned as a mini-series, but Brubaker and Phillips have found that curse of the femme fatale is inexhaustible. Thanks to strong sales, a wealth of stories yet to be told, and a certain mesmerizing quality, FATALE is now an ongoing series.
“Fatale was originally envisioned as a novel in three parts,” said Brubaker in an interview withComics Alliance, “but I kept having ideas for side-plots and tangents or single issues, and it started to feel more like it was meant to be a more sprawling story. So I just decided to let it go until it’s finished.”
To launch the new format, Brubaker and Phillips are taking readers back in time with four standalone issues of FATALE. Jo may feel alone in her curse, but these stories will let readers in on her past and show that other women have shared her fate.
The first of the FATALE Flashback issues, December’s FATALE #11, will reveal Jo’s early years as a femme fatale. As the story follows her on the run in 1930s California, some of her elusive secrets will come to light.
In January, FATALE #12 will take readers all the way back to Medieval Europe, when a woman possessing the powers of the femme fatale curse faces doom not only from demonic forces but also from the scourge of witch-burnings.
February brings the femme fatale to the Wild West with FATALE #13, when a man — or a woman — could blaze a trail with a loaded pistol and a steady hand.
FATALE #14 in March is a World War II horror adventure, when Jo crosses paths with crazed Nazi cultists behind enemy lines.

http://comicsbeat.com/brubaker-and-phil ... w-ongoing/

It was the "4 stand-alone issues" that did me in, I think.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:21 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Avengers wouldn't be great without New Avengers, but with New Avengers a bigger picture is building that is very exciting.

Justice League is "so bad its good" on a level only ASBARTBW ever achieved.

Maybe that's why I'm still buying it.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

The problem with Fatale is that it's boring. I have fallen behind on issues for several months now, and just don't care.

I am so deeply disappointed by the series that I am no longer interested in anything that Bru does. Criminal included.

I think that he and Phillips should stop collaborating. Both of them need to work with other people, very different people, to boost their creativity.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

GHERU wrote:Avengers - Hickman
New Avengers - Hickman
Thunderbotls - Dillion more than Way, but still, way
Fatale - probably, I can't let go of the hope

New Avengers is stellar. You're drunk.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby DMM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah, New Avengers is pretty rad so far. My one big regret is that I snubbed All New X-Men due to my distrust of Bendis.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 24 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm

DMM wrote:Yeah, New Avengers is pretty rad so far. My one big regret is that I snubbed All New X-Men due to my distrust of Bendis.

Go back and get it. Best X-book since Morrison easily.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 pm

On the fence about Uncanny Avengers. Don't really care to see Wonder Man and Sunfire in the book. Also don't appreciate the delays.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:38 pm

To be honest, there's maybe three or four monthly comics keeping me in the game. If Hickman's Manhattan Projects weren't so damn good, maybe I could rid myself of the affliction.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby DMM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Go back and get it. Best X-book since Morrison easily.

I just added it to my pull starting with issue #9. I'll probably get the first trade when it comes out. I don't feel like tracking down the floppies.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand