Monday, December 10, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Durnkin Reveewz: Heroes in Crisis #2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:25 pm

I know who the killer is! :shock: The greatest villain of them all! It is....
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Iris
!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:08 pm

HNutz wrote:What did HE confess to?

Also... The Puddler? Did someone have a bed wetting issue or something?

Yeah, I hear ya.

The confession we saw in #1. :smt102 Probably to make the other heroes PISSED at the Trinity for hiding it all.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Zechs wrote:The Trinity discuss keeping this "hush hush" while also talking about how this could have all gone wrong while Batman performs an autopsy on Citizen Steel.

HNutz wrote:What the fuck? Why not someone like, say, Doctor Mid-Nite?

Waaiit. You got an advance copy of Justice Society Of America #1?? :shock: :shock: Spoilers, man. Spill the goods.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:41 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Waaiit. You got an advance copy of Justice Society Of America #1?? :shock: :shock: Spoilers, man. Spill the goods.

Good point. :P But to be fair, there are other Doctors who are superheroes who are not locked away and buried members of the JSA like um....

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:29 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

My copy is from January, 2350, and DC says I can't spoil it until December, 2349.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:34 am

Zechs wrote:

The confession we saw in #1. :smt102 Probably to make the other heroes PISSED at the Trinity for hiding it all.

Yeah, I didn't read #1 either.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am

Zechs wrote:
I wouldn't say unreadable. Just a shit sandwich of someone who clearly thinks they're smart but really it truly isn't. When Identity Crisis sets up a better mystery and made you care for the victim. Then again... that comic gave us Dr. Light, the mindwipes, and the beginning rape of the JLI. What will HiC give us? Probably not Ecto-Cooler.

UNREADABLE!

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 pm

There's a list of all the 'bar lowering' accomplished by DC over the past 10 years?

I'm just glad I stopped giving money away to these idiots.

chalwa

Mad Hatter

Postby chalwa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:58 am

chap22 wrote:My review:

Unreadable shit sandwich. Total fucking garbage comic other than the art. I'm out.

A lot like your dumb-ass opinions.
Go read a Legion comic, chump22.

chalwa

Mad Hatter

Postby chalwa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:00 am

chap22 wrote:
UNREADABLE!

Reminds me of someone.
You.
It’s you.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:44 am

Wow, somebody's butthurt over something. :lol:

Just ignore me and carry on with your life, sweetheart. Or continue to read my words of wisdom and get mad. Either way, I promise you I give less than zero fucks about anything you think or say. In fact, I care so little, you probably owe me some fucks.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am

chap22 wrote:
UNREADABLE!

chalwa wrote:Reminds me of someone.
You.
It’s you.

... You can't read chap22? :? :smt102

That sounds like a personal shortcoming.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am

chap22 wrote:Wow, somebody's butthurt over something. :lol:

Just ignore me and carry on with your life, sweetheart. Or continue to read my words of wisdom and get mad. Either way, I promise you I give less than zero fucks about anything you think or say. In fact, I care so little, you probably owe me some fucks.

You're ruining comics again! :smt011

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Zechs wrote:Skeets finds Booster and fixes him up. Booster then decides sanely that the only way to clear his name is to prove that Harley did the murders and enlists Flash for help. Thing is though Barry doesn't know shit given the Trinity not telling anyone and freaks the fuck out the moment Booster tells him Wally is dead and starts to beat the shit out of Booster.

Look at that panel again. Barry is not beating the shit out of Booster. It's one punch. "Pow"

The Trinity find Harley thanks to Penguin ratting her out. Somehow she snags Wonder Woman's lasso of truth from Diana then backflips to wrap Batman in it. Superman and Wonder Woman tell her she can't escape, and Harley uses the lasso to make Batsy confess he has kryptonite in his belt, which Harley then uses as a flashbang somehow.

Harley just pulled out the kryptonite out of Batman's belt. Either Batman had engineered it into a flashbang or that is just Mann's artistic visualization of the K-radiation.

So just as the Trinity decide their next move on continuing their hunt of Harley, Superman notices Flash beating the shit out of Booster and now knowing that Wally is dead. They take leave to stop the fight.

Superman says "Barry. He's got Booster...". He doesn't say he's killing him. We don't see what Superman sees in that panel.

When I finish reading the entire issue I may have more to add to the discussion.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 am

Zechs wrote:Wonder Woman confesses she caught her mom in an awkward moment with someone.

Zechs, WTF were you smoking while you "read" this? Did you actually read it?? Diana didn't catch Hippolyta in "an awkward moment with someone". Diana very clearly states that Hippolyta had been shot with an arrow and the many women around her were pulling out the arrow and treating her wounds. :lol:

And although I risk the wrath of Chap with this next comment :P , I didn't find this unreadable.
It is moving at a snail's pace? Yes.
Are there a lot of answered questions from issue #1 and a few more from this issue? Yes.
Does the Harley vs the Trinity moment take a certain suspension of belief? Yes.
Is the artwork absolutely gorgeous? Yes.
Am I in for the next few issues (at least) to see what's going on here? Yes, definitely.

I will say that I'm thinking this might be another "A.I. gains sentience and attempts to mind-fuck the good guys" plot. And possibly all these deaths are somehow fakes or clones or alternate-Earth versions or some crazy thing.

leave a comment with facebook