Friday, September 21, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dynamite Taking The Shotgun Approach To Licensing With Mars Attacks, Charlie's Angels, And Vampirella Announcements

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:40 am

Dynamite Taking The Shotgun Approach To Licensing With Mars Attacks, Charlie's Angels, And Vampirella Announcements

One of these is bound to hit, right?

Source: ICV2

Dynamite is currently throwing whatever it can get its hands on against the wall to see if it sticks as the publisher announces the acquisition of the Mars Attacks license (based on '60s trading cards), an update on Charlie's Angels (based on a '70s TV show), and a new Vampirella series (based on a '60s black-and-white horror comic).

Dynamite is working alongside the Topps company in order to develop new comics and graphic novels based on Mars Attacks, a gruesome trading card series. No creative teams have been announced, but the publisher is shooting for a fourth quarter release. IDW Publishing previously published Mars Attacks comics.

Announced last October, the publisher is moving forward with Charlie's Angels comics with writer John Layman and artist Joe Eisma. Charlie's Angels #1 is set to release in June.

Dynamite has also announced a new Vampirella series from writer Kristina Deak-Linsner and artist Joseph Michael Linsner. Vampirella: Roses for the Dead is set to release in 2019.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm

I've been reading a lot of Dynamite's books and been liking what I see so far. With that said, I can't wait to check out their new books.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Announcing three new titles is "throwing whatever it can get its hands on against the wall to see if it sticks"? :smt017

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Announcing three new titles is "throwing whatever it can get its hands on against the wall to see if it sticks"? :smt017

According to Tim, I guess. :smt102

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:30 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Announcing three new titles is "throwing whatever it can get its hands on against the wall to see if it sticks"? :smt017

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd love to see Dynamite to get the rights to the Wold Newton books from the Philip Jose Farmer estate. That would open up so many stories of pulp heroes that they already have the rights for.

leave a comment with facebook