Friday, May 6, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 pm

:)
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:32 pm

chap22 wrote:This book has been good, but from everything I've seen from solicits, it's about to get tied up in some Future's End trash and/or some kind of crossover with the "regular" DCnU. And no fucking thank you to that.


Damn, I hope not. Whatever's going to happen during FE, I hope Earth 2 manages to come out the other side with a new JSA intact.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Earth 2 is already part of "Futures End" but that is 5 years in the future and considering what it's about and that Batman Beyond came back in time to prevent it, odds are it will be like "Age Of Apocalypse" and be "corrected" when that title ends.

"Worlds End" however takes place in current time and DC is keeping that one under-wraps for now, so ....
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:25 am

Great issue (but then every issue of Earth 2 has been great).

And I guess I don't why people would judge this book based on the rest of DC's output. Is it fair to say then that Daredevil isn't any good because Punisher sucks? Books should stand on their own (and with Earth 2 having only a couple connections to the New 52 universe, it should be an easy thing to do).

As for World's End (not Future's End), the promise of Earth 2 has always been a crossover with New 52 Earth. Mr. Terrific, Power Girl and Huntress have played with this and with Darkseid still out there, it will happen. I for one have been looking forward to this.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Amoebas wrote:Great issue (but then every issue of Earth 2 has been great).

And I guess I don't why people would judge this book based on the rest of DC's output. Is it fair to say then that Daredevil isn't any good because Punisher sucks? Books should stand on their own (and with Earth 2 having only a couple connections to the New 52 universe, it should be an easy thing to do).

As for World's End (not Future's End), the promise of Earth 2 has always been a crossover with New 52 Earth. Mr. Terrific, Power Girl and Huntress have played with this and with Darkseid still out there, it will happen. I for one have been looking forward to this.


It's fair to say that this is still only the second best evil Superman book that DC is putting out.

Hab
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 pm

habitual wrote:
It's fair to say that this is still only the second best evil Superman book that DC is putting out.

Hab

I think I know what other Superman you are referring to, but "evil"? Kind of harsh ain't it?
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:I think I know what other Superman you are referring to, but "evil"? Kind of harsh ain't it?


He did beat Ollie to death, so yeah I 'd go as far to say that.

Hab
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Grayson wrote:Also, I really hope that taking the Beguiler into what is presumably the Speed Force won't come back to bite Jay or the rest of the heroes of Earth 2 in the ass.


That's something I'm curious to find out as well. We, as the reader, know she isn't actually dead, it's just a question of what is she going to be like when she inevitably returns.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:02 pm

habitual wrote:
He did beat Ollie to death, so yeah I 'd go as far to say that.

Hab

Agreed, and as much as I'm enjoying Earth 2, Taylor is killing it over on Injustice. Issue 13 (Season Two, digital) was nearly perfect.
User avatar

Kurosawa

cheese

Postby Kurosawa » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 pm

The Beast wrote:
Damn, I hope not. Whatever's going to happen during FE, I hope Earth 2 manages to come out the other side with a new JSA intact.


They already said they won't be using the JSA name because it's too old fashioned just like everything else you hate.

I have no opinion and no interest in this title, as the only Earth-Two I accept is the Pre-Crisis version.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Kurosawa wrote:
They already said they won't be using the JSA name because it's too old fashioned just like everything else you hate.

I have no opinion and no interest in this title, as the only Earth-Two I accept is the Pre-Crisis version.

I felt that way too when the announced E2, but mind changed. It's one of the best books DC is currently putting out and I'm glad they seem to be giving it some room to stretch its legs. That's not happening too often these days.
User avatar

americanslime

Flying Mongoose

Postby americanslime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 pm

This is the first issue of Earth 2 I've read because it had a black superman and yeah, it's a pretty cool book. I hate most of the character designs, though.
User avatar

Kurosawa

cheese

Postby Kurosawa » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I felt that way too when the announced E2, but mind changed. It's one of the best books DC is currently putting out and I'm glad they seem to be giving it some room to stretch its legs. That's not happening too often these days.


Ya, I imagine it's well done for what it is. I just have no interest in what it is.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 am

So for about 15 issues Superman has still failed to kill the JSA?

Not very good at his job, Darkseid should dock his pay.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 am

Kurosawa wrote:
They already said they won't be using the JSA name because it's too old fashioned just like everything else you hate.


If you are referring to James Robinson's statement back in April,that was not even close to the reason he gave.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests