Advertisement

Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rob Thompson
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 874 posts
Title: Star-Lord

Re: Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:43 am

alaska1125 wrote:I felt that way too when the announced E2, but mind changed. It's one of the best books DC is currently putting out and I'm glad they seem to be giving it some room to stretch its legs. That's not happening too often these days.

Very much agreed. I think that has resulted in DC having one the most consistently enjoyable books on the shelves. Earth 2 is a current favorite of mine. I am glad they are giving the creators some room to stretch with this title.
The clouded mind sees nothing.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:28 am

Rob Thompson wrote:Very much agreed. I think that has resulted in DC having one the most consistently enjoyable books on the shelves. Earth 2 is a current favorite of mine. I am glad they are giving the creators some room to stretch with this title.

The Earth 2 concept has often enjoyed that (none more than back in the late 70's when Paul Levitz killed Batman(really killed, not a dream, hoax, or imaginary story)).

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 am

habitual wrote:
It's fair to say that this is still only the second best evil Superman book that DC is putting out.

Hab

Kinda funny that the same guy is writing both of them. 8)

Rob Thompson
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 874 posts
Title: Star-Lord

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 am

Amoebas wrote:The Earth 2 concept has often enjoyed that (none more than back in the late 70's when Paul Levitz killed Batman(really killed, not a dream, hoax, or imaginary story)).

That was one of my first DC comics. Great story!
The clouded mind sees nothing.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 129 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:09 am

Amoebas wrote:Great issue (but then every issue of Earth 2 has been great).

And I guess I don't why people would judge this book based on the rest of DC's output. Is it fair to say then that Daredevil isn't any good because Punisher sucks? Books should stand on their own (and with Earth 2 having only a couple connections to the New 52 universe, it should be an easy thing to do).

As for World's End (not Future's End), the promise of Earth 2 has always been a crossover with New 52 Earth. Mr. Terrific, Power Girl and Huntress have played with this and with Darkseid still out there, it will happen. I for one have been looking forward to this.

The current Punisher book is actually really good, but I agree with your point.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

A Dangerous Vice
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 am

I love the current Punisher-book!

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand