Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Editorial Mandate: What to Do When a Publisher Blacklists You

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri May 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
With or without cheezewhip on it?

No by itself. Sometimes with hummus.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Keb wrote:No by itself. Sometimes with hummus.

No Tzatziki?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Nah. Though I make a mean tzatziki.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Herald wrote:

Good to know that someone else here besides me likes the show!

See I "like" the show but will always love Community and Parks and Rec more.

It depresses the hell out of that a huge chunk of the BBT audience probably had no idea who Bob Newhart was and what he's done. :smt011

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri May 03, 2013 11:46 pm

I love BBT. (I did know who Newhart was, but I'm old)

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Sat May 04, 2013 3:18 am

doombug wrote:See I "like" the show but will always love Community and Parks and Rec more.

It depresses the hell out of that a huge chunk of the BBT audience probably had no idea who Bob Newhart was and what he's done. :smt011

I was reading reviews of the show on DVD Talk and they were like "I hate the fact Newhart was stuttering and he was way too slow in his delivery."

I was like "That's how he's acted in standup and his shows for the last 40 years. It's his signature."

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am

Penny.
Penny.
Penny.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
No he doesn't. I don't need to know that Draco likes every Herald post, Zechs likes every Draco post, and Shlemmer likes every post ever posted with an image in it.
Do you know how life-affirming it is to receive 11 Likes in one day?!
It's like a blumpkin with whipped cream!

Keb wrote:Nah. Though I make a mean tzatziki.
Hell yeah - share that shit! I love that stuff, but have never made it.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm

doombug wrote:See I "like" the show but will always love Community and Parks and Rec more.

And that's fair enough. :-D

Me, too. I'm just old enough to remember "Newhart". Also, as a Disney fan, I'm well aware of him playing Bernard in the two Rescuers movies.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
I was reading reviews of the show on DVD Talk and they were like "I hate the fact Newhart was stuttering and he was way too slow in his delivery."

I was like "That's how he's acted in standup and his shows for the last 40 years. It's his signature."

Indeed.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat May 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Herald wrote:
And that's fair enough. :-D

Me, too. I'm just old enough to remember "Newhart". Also, as a Disney fan, I'm well aware of him playing Bernard in the two Rescuers movies.

Oh fuck, I forgot about the Rescuers. :shock:

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat May 04, 2013 1:27 pm

I wonder if DC still hates us?

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

By the way, does anyone know what Frank's stance is on the blacklisting? Dark Paw and the Meanos pretty much have said good riddance as they stated the company is full of idiots but so far no word has been heard from Frank.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 pm

outsider wrote:Do you know how life-affirming it is to receive 11 Likes in one day?!
It's like a blumpkin with whipped cream!

Hell yeah - share that shit! I love that stuff, but have never made it.

It's easy!

Some yogurt, cucumber, garlic, salt, pepper and lime or lemon juice. Chop finely the cucumber and garlic (in the blender), combine it with the yogurt. Add a bit of lime juice. Some people put dill or mint. I keep it simple. I make it to suit my taste, which is garlic to death. Then I go make out with some girls.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun May 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
That could explain the funky smell... his date...

By the way, where is he now?

leave a comment with facebook