Advertisement

Editorial Mandate: What to Do When a Publisher Blacklists You

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: Editorial Mandate: What to Do When a Publisher Blacklist

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Link?

http://comicsbeat.com/the-outhouse-on-c ... lacklists/

It's a little fence-sitty.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 268 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 am

For the record, The Lord of the Monkeys linked the BC story on Dan Fusio's Facebook, asking respectfully for his thoughts.

Mr. Didio's respectful reply was "Sorry, no idea what you're talking about. Never heard of the site mentioned. Best, DD".

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 95 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 am

So we're not going to be petty and name names? Gawker would have posted the email. :deadpool

Also can someone resume harping Marvel about One More Day, it's a horse that is long dead but therapeutic to beat.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am

Black_Orchid wrote:So we're not going to be petty and name names? Gawker would have posted the email. :deadpool

Also can someone resume harping Marvel about One More Day, it's a horse that is long dead but therapeutic to beat.

BC named names: Alex Segura.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 383 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 am

Lord Simian wrote:For the record, The Lord of the Monkeys linked the BC story on Dan Fusio's Facebook, asking respectfully for his thoughts.

Mr. Didio's respectful reply was "Sorry, no idea what you're talking about. Never heard of the site mentioned. Best, DD".

Not surprised with this reacation. I'm sure he does not recall or remember email correspondence that has occurred between him and the OH. Plus, they man has a lot of names and places to remember so I cannot image OH is anywhere in his top list, which shows that this whole problem may not have come from the top but someone random person making his own executive decision.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 am

Lord Simian wrote:For the record, The Lord of the Monkeys linked the BC story on Dan Fusio's Facebook, asking respectfully for his thoughts.

:lol:

He's literally my personal fucking hero. Keep on pissing on Herald Mr. Didio!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 am

Black_Orchid wrote:So we're not going to be petty and name names? Gawker would have posted the email. :deadpool

Or you can start a Rob Liefeld art thread, that is always good for a distraction.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am

Rockman wrote:You guys better be careful, all the mean things said about once upon a time here may lead to a Marvel blacklist too!

Thanks to you and your mom, we're good for now
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am

Interesting that he doesn't seem to have a problem with the act of blacklisting. Usually, a company CYA response is along the lines of "We don't know who this site is, but blacklisting anyone in the media is not our policy." On the one hand, it's refreshing to not see such a formulaic CYA response, even as he attempts to absolve himself of responsibility.

In his defense, Didio has already proven that he's up for using parody and satire himself as an attack with Fan Favorite Herald, so I'm not really sure if a blacklist is his methodology. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen some den of thieves called The Outhouse in a book somewhere.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 78 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am

Not that I believe he's connected to this decision or that he could name our site in a line-up... but I'm pretty sure we've talked to him before. I'm also pretty sure he was connected to our New 52 promotion.

So, to be VERY nitpicky, he HAS heard of our site before. He just might have forgotten about us. And I'm ok with that.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am

bkthomson wrote:
Not surprised with this reacation. I'm sure he does not recall or remember email correspondence that has occurred between him and the OH. Plus, they man has a lot of names and places to remember so I cannot image OH is anywhere in his top list, which shows that this whole problem may not have come from the top but someone random person making his own executive decision.

That's the thing where more people have to jump off the "Blame Didio" train and squarely stay with the "Blame Harras" one. Didio is now simply not part of the daily cogs anymore.

It's all 90's Marvel, all the time.

And we have to keep drumming the publicity about this till even Newsarama mentions us just so Siegel can once again bring out his "The Outhouse are the dregs of the Newsarama message board" spiel just so the internet can go "Wait, Newsarama used to have a message board?"

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 am

What's even weirder about this is that DC owns and publishes perhaps the most famous name in satire going after The Onion:

Mad Magazine!

Why are they allowed to parody and make fun of everything under the sun, but they themselves are exempt

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am

Stalzer2002 wrote:If you're sick of DC's conduct under the current regime, the solution is simple: stop buying DC comics. Dan Didio, Bob Harras and their cronies are NEVER going to change. Read Marvel Comics: The Untold Story or any interview with a creator who worked for Marvel in the 90s. You'll see that DC is currently run the same way Marvel was back then. That should tell you right there that Harras learned nothing from his tenure at Marvel. Why would he learn anything now? The only way DC will change is if we force a change in who is running it. The only way to do that is by voting with our wallets. If you want to support certain creators, there are better ways to do it. Buy their creator owned work. Support their kickstarter projects. Buy personal commissions. All of that will support those creators a lot more than whatever pittance of royalties they get from DC. And if your favorite creators don't do that kind of stuff, write to them. Tell them why you're not buying their work for hire stuff anymore. Encourage them to branch out and do creator owned work. Then put your money where your mouth is and support other creator owned books. The better books like Saga, Walking Dead and Fatale do, the more people will be encouraged to take the plunge.

Exactly what has been my motto since the new 52 in not buying their books. Though I will make an exception this week with Swamp Thing. If anything Charles Soule did a passionate job saying if anything just buy the two issue arc. But as you said before I am. Being at the Archaia booth yesterday opened my eyes to how there are many more great indy comics I've overlooked and now fully digging into.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 708 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

So, who's easier to interview? Obama or DC Comics? :smt102

Oh to piss off Marvel, start calling their "Marvel Now" collective as "Marvel Then" since it is almost a year old.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand