Advertisement

Edward Kramer Out of Dragon Con

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 949 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Edward Kramer Out of Dragon Con

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I'm trying to teach my kids manners. I've found they are quite rude, and are now at the age where they all immediately pick up a habit any one of them starts on. What irks me lately is strolling into a room and demanding, "I'm thirsty!" or "I'm hungry!"

I've taken to responding, every single time, with the joke my dad always used: "Hi thirsty. I'm daddy. Nice to meet you." This really frustrates the 5 year old. I refuse to drop it until she says "May I please have something to drink."

I used to think this was a corny joke, but have come to realize now it is an educational tool.

Cosby Curse is working on you.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

jeremy wrote:Wanted to post Brian Keene's tweets on this, but didn't want to make it part of the article, his thoughts just mirrored mine so thought they were worth sharing as part of the discussion:

You know what? I gotta agree with him. Fuck DragonCon.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 485 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
My statement isn't false just because you decide to be conveniently obtuse.

You want to be a pedantic contrarian and show a 10 year old prepubescent girl in an effort to dispel the rule based on one insignificant exception. Fucking a girl with a cigar tube is still a sexual relation, so cut the bullshit and put up a picture of a post pubescent female character who doesn't have the head of a child and a body that won't quit.

All this talk is making me hungry... :wink:

You said EVERY female anime character, that's demonstrably not the case. You are wrong.

If you want an 18 year old character here you go

Winry Rockbell Fullmetal alchemist

or

Sakura from Naruto

Maybe in the future you should think before making ignorant generalizations that can't be backed up.

I'm sure you'll run to google and post some pervy fan art to prove yourself right because you know the art of the fandom totally represents how the character is published/animated.

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby TimH » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Can they really make that claim without vetting the participants? I mean, there are anime fans there, right?

I knew guy, a hipster, who asserted to me that "Ghost in the Shell" was Japan's greatest movie, its Citizen Kane. O. K.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:57 pm

LobsterJ wrote:Does this mean Roman Polanski's appearance at Dragon Con is canceled?

POST OF THE YEAR!

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Rockman wrote:
You said EVERY female anime character, that's demonstrably not the case. You are wrong.

If you want an 18 year old character here you go

Winry Rockbell Fullmetal alchemist

or

Sakura from Naruto

Maybe in the future you should think before making ignorant generalizations that can't be backed up.

I'm sure you'll run to google and post some pervy fan art to prove yourself right because you know the art of the fandom totally represents how the character is published/animated.

Ignore is the root of ignorance, so let's see what you are ignoring.

:smt011

Even your "exceptions to the rule", are still depictions of comely chimera with toddler scaled heads on top of adolescent, sexually mature bodies. The best thing about this creature is it has the body of a woman but the mind of a child so it's easy to dominate. This kind of fucked up sexual attitude towards women is probably why Japan has a growing demand for these:

Rockman wrote:Nkreep said that everyone underage character in anime ever was portrayed as a full grown woman.

This is simply not true.

You're right, it isn't true. I said,
Ntikrst wrote: As apposed to, say, every female anime character in existence, who has a child's head on a woman's body. :roll:

You would need to produce an image of a woman's head on a woman's body to prove me wrong. Large skull + massive eyes + tiny mouth = toddler. Do you know what the Japanese did to children in Nanking? That kind of inhumane attitude doesn't just go away on it's own especially when the Japanese continue to sanitize their history books down the memory hole. :smt013

Is there a lot of creepy sexualization in anime/manga? Yes, probably because the target audience is 14 year old boys. The same people Marvel made the swimsuit issues of Marvel for.

Acknowledging that is one, thing to generalize and say that fans of anime/manga are all pedos is pretty crass.

When did I say that, exactly? And stop picking on those poor folks at Marvel, at least they are sexualizing grown ass women that all boys should aspire to one day "conquer" for themselves.

You doth protest too much, RockHard. By your own admission, anime has a lot of creepy sexualization but it's for 14 year olds, so why not? I used to fuck 14 year olds when I was in jr. high, I can remember how exciting that time in our lives is. Of course I don't fuck 14 year olds now, I don't even look at them that way anymore but who am I to deny other teenage boys their fun?

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 pm

You obviously have brain damage.

I'm done.

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Rockman wrote:You obviously have brain damage.

I'm done.

Spoken like a true pseudo-intellectual. Why debate when you can denigrate?

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:12 pm

that's the first time I've ever been accused of being an intellectual (psuedo or otherwise)

But you're obviously going to turn your discussion into a xenophobic rant against the Japanese so I think I'm done.

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Rockman wrote:that's the first time I've ever been accused of being an intellectual (psuedo or otherwise)

But you're obviously going to turn your discussion into a xenophobic rant against the Japanese so I think I'm done.

Are you done or do you have some more smear in your Politically Correct Pap that needs to be drained?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 967 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Jesus Christ. :lol: This place is aptly named The Asylum.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm

So are Japanese winterfolk or summerfolk? :smt017

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 305 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Jesus Christ. :lol: This place is aptly named The Asylum.

Except this is in The News Stand... :P

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

TimH wrote:
I knew guy, a hipster, who asserted to me that "Ghost in the Shell" was Japan's greatest movie, its Citizen Kane. O. K.

Bullcrap! Everyone knows Japan's Citizen Kane is Akira.

- Sons of the Desert

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Jesus Christ. :lol: This place is aptly named The Asylum.

Lord Simian wrote:
Except this is in The News Stand... :P

Somebody give me a fucking wiener before I die!!!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand