Advertisement

Equality Now! Archie CEO Accused Of Sexual Harassment

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Equality Now! Archie CEO Accused Of Sexual Harassment

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 am

Draco x wrote:
For real? The first I ever heard about this.

I kid you not as absurd as it sounds. Blog entry by former Marvel UK editor John Freeman:

"Ah, Hell's Angel - the most tortured superheroine in the Marvel UK pantheon, ever. Legal threats from the Hells Angels (I kid you not) forced the name cahnge and prompted legal searches to ensure all other MUK character names weren't infringing other rights holders (it was okay to name a comic Warheads but we weren't to try copyrighting the name on a missile...)"

Renamed to Dark Angel.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogI ... 3810667361

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
I kid you not as absurd as it sounds. Blog entry by former Marvel UK editor John Freeman:

"Ah, Hell's Angel - the most tortured superheroine in the Marvel UK pantheon, ever. Legal threats from the Hells Angels (I kid you not) forced the name cahnge and prompted legal searches to ensure all other MUK character names weren't infringing other rights holders (it was okay to name a comic Warheads but we weren't to try copyrighting the name on a missile...)"

Renamed to Dark Angel.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogI ... 3810667361

I see. I would have thought that they would have been flattered that Marvel named a character after their organization but I guess not.

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby Spektre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
how about you fulfill your stereotypical gender role and make me a sandwich.

No no, not a sandwich. From the amount of time you spend on that pot, you need some more veggies.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Bond Hengbu
Post Whore

Liked in: 45 posts

Postby Bond Hengbu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:58 am

Draco x wrote:
I see. I would have thought that they would have been flattered that Marvel named a character after their organization but I guess not.

The wtiters could ha been beaten up anytime the caharacter was not badass enough.
" Power has two faces:

It's original form is as loathsome and obscene as it can be. only when you grab it, it turns into a kind face"

King Geum-Wa from Jumong

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand