Wednesday, September 26, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ethan Van Sciver Leaves DC For No Other Reason Than For Creator-Owned Work

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

No other reason at all.

Source: Twitter

Ethan Van Sciver is a long-time DC Comics artist, having been working for the publisher for 14 years. His work includes notable runs on Green Lantern and The Flash. Van Sciver took to Twitter to tell his dozens of fans all over the world that he would be stepping away from the publisher to work on his creator-owned title Battletoads Cyberfrog.

Just like other comics news websites, all we're reporting is that he's working on creator-owned work and there's no other reason he's leaving the publisher. None at all.

As part of his get rich scheme, Van Sciver has raised over $180,000 on his IndieGoGo for Cyberfrog: Bloodhoney, a 48-page OGN.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't know, maybe we should read between the lines, and take a closer look at the phrase "It's time to get Rich. " What if he meant Rich Johnston? Watch out Rich.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

As someone who doesn't follow all the comic book creator scandals, which I suspect is something hinted at here....what exactly did he do that would supply another reason for leaving?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

achilles wrote:As someone who doesn't follow all the comic book creator scandals, which I suspect is something hinted at here....what exactly did he do that would supply another reason for leaving?

EVS is on a Rose Tico binge right now. Buying every single figure of the character for reasons that only exist in his mind.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm

achilles wrote:As someone who doesn't follow all the comic book creator scandals, which I suspect is something hinted at here....what exactly did he do that would supply another reason for leaving?

He makes anti-SJW videos on youtube and has been extremely critical of both Star Wars and Marvel's directions.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
He makes anti-SJW videos on youtube and has been extremely critical of both Star Wars and Marvel's directions.

So probably a good idea he's heading out to pasture before something horrible happens and everyone is covered in bad press.

On an unrelated topic, does anyone else remember Battletoads? God, one of the hardest NES games I'd ever played. Not Batman the Video Game hard, but up there. Fun though. Don't know why I thought of it now. :smt102

timmidura

Whippersnapper

Postby timmidura » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:
So probably a good idea he's heading out to pasture before something horrible happens and everyone is covered in bad press.

On an unrelated topic, does anyone else remember Battletoads? God, one of the hardest NES games I'd ever played. Not Batman the Video Game hard, but up there. Fun though. Don't know why I thought of it now. :smt102

Stealing this. Now it's a related topic.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 pm

So, basically, he's your average fan? Hell, I'd fire him too, I hate fanboys! :smt013

So....when are they going to release a new JSA? Hopefully it doesn't have all that SJW crap....

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

So what's the problem?

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:

Nintendo Hard

And I not only thought of Battletoads, but of the following:

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Herald wrote:
Nintendo Hard

And I not only thought of Battletoads, but of the following:

And that has slowly been coming back thanks to the figure line with Larry Hama assisting it.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

He also has a bunch of followers who have for years harassed People he had disagreements with, with EVS claiming all the time that he had nothing to do with their actions, except that they are even worse sycophants than those tools on John Byrne's messageboard.

But yeah, he totally had nothing to do with them attacking, insulting and doxing people that raised his ire.

leave a comment with facebook