Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Exiles' Return From Exile This April

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Blink and you may miss it.

Source: Exiles: The Return

The team of characters thrown together from different dimensions/realities is back to save the (alternate) future. This April a new Exiles title will debut from writer Saladin Ahmed and artist Javier Rodriguez, starring the original Exiles team member, Blink.

One of the features of previous incarnations of Exiles is the changing roster of characters. This time around the groups is assembled by The Unseen, the man once known as Nick Fury:

When a strange force imperils all of existence, the Unseen recruits Blink, Khan, Iron Lad, Wolvie, and an as-yet-unseen hero to save the past, the present, and the future.

Ahmed teases the new story:

"Sort of WHAT IF? meets classic X-Men" … "Grizzled old Kamala Khan! Disgustingly cute cartoon Wolverine! It's a dream of a book to be working on for a Marvel fanboy such as myself, full of deep-cut guest stars and mind-blowing easter eggs. But it's also new-reader friendly—a self-contained story of a group of misfits coming together, learning to trust each other, and, if they're lucky, saving the !@$# universe."

So… no more Morph?

exiles1reg2018marquez.jpgExiles #1 cover by David Marquez

exiles1variant2018mckone.jpgExiles #1 variant cover by Mike McKone

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Oooooohhh... Nick Fury recruiting his own Exiles team??

I'm cautiously optimistic.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:44 pm

KAAAAAAHHHHHN!

I have nothing more to contribute to this, that just had to be done.

DJ Convoy

cheese

Postby DJ Convoy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm

Make a decent X-Men book first, dammit! I wish Wanda had used her powers to say "no more spinoffs."

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:29 pm

I might give the first issue a shot.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Never a fan of Exiles, tired of being beaten over the head with Kamala, and Watcher Nick Fury is one of the single dumbest fucking things Marvel has ever done and I would avoid this book solely because of that just on general principle.

NOPE.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 pm

I like Exiles, and I like blink, but there is so much other nonsense crammed into there, I'm not sure this is the book I am looking for

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 pm

chap22 wrote:Never a fan of Exiles, tired of being beaten over the head with Kamala, and Watcher Nick Fury is one of the single dumbest fucking things Marvel has ever done and I would avoid this book solely because of that just on general principle.

NOPE.

And I'm hoping that this can "fix" that, somewhat.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm

HNutz wrote:And I'm hoping that this can "fix" that, somewhat.

I feel like a lot of problems in the Marvel Universe could be fixed right now if somebody just came along and wrote Original Sin out of continuity.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 am

Grayson wrote:
I feel like a lot of problems in the Marvel Universe could be fixed right now if somebody just came along and wrote Original Sin out of continuity.

And Sins Past, while they're at it.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am

HNutz wrote:
And Sins Past, while they're at it.

You taught me that, :smt013 :P

Hyperstorm

Inhouser

Postby Hyperstorm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:05 am

And like most good, original idea properties f this returning ongoing will get 5 issues om Marvel before being canceled. Pass.

BGAN

expert hobo killer

Postby BGAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 am

Well, if the book doesn't get support, it won't have time to reach any sort of potential it might have, so saying you're in favour of a good original property then passing on it seems kinda backwards. Marvel has been a load of hot trash decision-wise, but I'll be damned if I won't give this a fair shot because Exiles is one of the best books Marvel put out and I want to believe it can come back, rekindling some of that fun spark it had.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:46 am

HNutz wrote:And Sins Past, while they're at it.

There has NEVER been a Spider-Man arc by that name. I don't know why people insist on perpetuating this damaging myth. That being said...yes, it most certainly should be written out of continuity as well.

Supersoldier Washout

WTF is this rank?

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:24 am

Betting the final member is Squirrel Girl.

leave a comment with facebook