Advertisement

X-Factor #233 (Fate's chew toy Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

X-Factor #233 (Fate's chew toy Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Madrox is back from the dead and X-Factor shifts the focus back to the actual team, as they take on an Anti-Mutant Militia. I really liked this scene, it was a pretty standard action setpiece, but it had enough original ideas (like the deaf guy resisting Terry’s powers) that it felt fresh. It doesn’t hurt when it’s drawn by Leonard Kirk either. I liked seeing Havok and Polaris back in action, and it was cool how PAD kind of subtly showed that the team seems like more of a unit with Havok in charge, say what you want about the Summers brothers, they make good leaders. I actually wonder if Jamie’s resurrection may cause more harm than good, he’ll probably butt heads with Havok, who despite wanting to honour his memory, probably won’t be too pleased to have him back. Oh yeah, and this issue featured the return of whatshisface, The Isolationist. It’s been so long since his last appearance that I’d kind of forgotten what his deal was. It would have been useful if the recap page had actually recapped who the new villain was instead of featuring Peter David lecturing us about learning about old movies. I already know who Fred Astaire is Peter, tell me about your comic! I generally like the jovial nature of this book’s recap page, but it bothered me here, if you’re going to just bring back a character after 50 or so issues, you need to try and remind us who he is, hell, what about any new readers? They’ll have been totally flummoxed.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: X-Factor #233 (Fate's chew toy Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:06 pm

I can't wait for the Havok/Madrox showdown.

It's obvious that Alex has a lot of respect for what Madrox built with this team, and it could be interesting.. I dunno if given that respect, Alex wouldn't just step down as leader. He should, at least.

At any rate, it's fucking awesome seeing PAD writing essentially the same X-Factor team he started with in the 90's again.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Yeah, Alex hasn't been in a full on leader role for a while. I can easily see him either sharing leadership of the team or just giving it right back to Jaime at this point.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I can't wait for the Havok/Madrox showdown.

It's obvious that Alex has a lot of respect for what Madrox built with this team, and it could be interesting.. I dunno if given that respect, Alex wouldn't just step down as leader. He should, at least.

At any rate, it's fucking awesome seeing PAD writing essentially the same X-Factor team he started with in the 90's again.

Why? On the basis of this issue Alex is a much better leader than Madrox ever was.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 pm

doombug wrote:Yeah, Alex hasn't been in a full on leader role for a while. I can easily see him either sharing leadership of the team or just giving it right back to Jaime at this point.

Really??? i'm pretty sure he was the leader of the Starjammers for like the last 5 years or so..

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Punchy wrote:
Why? On the basis of this issue Alex is a much better leader than Madrox ever was.

Because he's only leader because Jamie "died".. and he's not a detective. He's a better leader for a superhero team. But unless they go back to that 100%, this is not a superhero team. And with Jamie being alive again, it should certainly be a point of contention within the story that he created this team, he brought them to this point, and he never stepped down.. so the leadership should definitely be an issue.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
Because he's only leader because Jamie "died".. and he's not a detective. He's a better leader for a superhero team. But unless they go back to that 100%, this is not a superhero team. And with Jamie being alive again, it should certainly be a point of contention within the story that he created this team, he brought them to this point, and he never stepped down.. so the leadership should definitely be an issue.

Exactly its Jamie's team.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
Really??? i'm pretty sure he was the leader of the Starjammers for like the last 5 years or so..

Thats what I thought. The problem is that he never really had his own series. A lot of mini's but thats about it.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Thats what I thought. The problem is that he never really had his own series. A lot of mini's but thats about it.

that doesn't really matter though, to say that Havok hasn't lead a team in years is completely false. He was the leader of the group that went up to stop Vulcan, then he took over the Starjammers... just because he wasn't featured in a book doesn't mean he suddenly stopped being the leader of the group.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
that doesn't really matter though, to say that Havok hasn't lead a team in years is completely false. He was the leader of the group that went up to stop Vulcan, then he took over the Starjammers... just because he wasn't featured in a book doesn't mean he suddenly stopped being the leader of the group.

Oh I know, I'm not arguing. I think he should be the leader of a team. But he hasnt really appeared in the last few years until his return in legacy, and out of site out of mind for most people.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:

not by choice, only be necessity and to honor his father.

And obviously they are no longer with the rest of the jammers. :smt102

Last time Alex led a team for a long extended period of time was the Mutant X days (Not counting Uncanny under Austin) it seemed to me that the character wanted a break of some sorts with all he's been through the last few years, especially after what happened with his other brother.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm

doombug wrote:not by choice, only be necessity and to honor his father.

And obviously they are no longer with the rest of the jammers. :smt102

Last time Alex led a team for a long extended period of time was the Mutant X days (Not counting Uncanny under Austin) it seemed to me that the character wanted a break of some sorts with all he's been through the last few years, especially after what happened with his other brother.

so because he was leader out of necessity that doesn't count?? and yes obviously he's not with the starjammers anymore but he had what maybe a week month tops between getting back to earth and taking over x-factor.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:37 am

Calm down dude, I'm just stating from everything we've seen wrote the last few years even when he's been a "leader" it's been a single minded focus. It hasn't been "Alex leads the starjammers to kick some ass" it's been "Havok breaks out of jail to wrek his scumbag brothers plans with the help of his friends"

I know the guy is a capable leader, he's one of my favorite characters. It's just, X-factor investigations is Jaime's company and there's no chance in hell that this status quo doesn't change the second the team finds out their "fearless" leader is back in the land of the living.

I'm all for Lorna and Alex sticking around and being part of the book as I love the characters but he's much more suited for as Chris said it, the superhero stuff.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand