Advertisement

Fantastic Four #603 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Loved the last page! Finally!

This book has improved so much since The Human Torch has been back.

The letters page was interesting, there were readers writing in to knock the Bobillo artwork in the sister-title FF. Coincidence that he's being replaced with Nick Dragotta who got a big thumbs up for his Fantastic Four silent issue last year?

So, Galactus blasts a Celestial, but the remaining ones use the shell to combine into one super-giant Celestial and blast Galactus pretty good. Even if he survives, he's gonna need to eat a planet after using all that energy and getting stomped.

Turns out the Celestials are after Reed because he's a Richards and so he uses the "Sol's Anvil" weapon the other Reeds built to blast the Celestial back into 3 smaller Celestials but basically his big gun jams after that one shot. Johnny and Sue fight the Celestials and they all get blasted a couple times--it must be Sue's forcefield blunting the impact, because they are getting blasted by three homicidal Celestials here.

There's a bright flash of light and Sue remembers words future-Valeria had told her way back then, and looks up to see future-Valeria and future-Franklin jumping through.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 517 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Fantastic Four #603 (spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:31 pm

is he really getting replaced?? i thought Dragotta was just a guest artist..

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:is he really getting replaced?? i thought Dragotta was just a guest artist..

It specifically says "...Juan's time with us has come to an end...", and I assume they don't mean they are going to murder him. :shock:

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 pm

i have given Hickman's run as much shit as anybody, maybe more, but everything from issue 600 on has been top-notch, and this one was absolutely perfect. i see the genius now.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:55 pm

They've been so good I couldn't bring myself to drop the Fantastic Four book when they split off into two books. The FF book I haven't bought.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said it belonged in the discussion with Lee/Kirby, Byrne, and Waid/Ringo.

Go fuck yourselves now, you bandwagoners. :mad:

:lol:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 pm

The Hicklash has turned 8)

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:33 am

Holland Oats wrote:Everyone thought I was crazy when I said it belonged in the discussion with Lee/Kirby, Byrne, and Waid/Ringo.

Go fuck yourselves now, you bandwagoners. :mad:

:lol:

Hold yer horses there, Chris. You don't get up there to Lee & Kirby's level that easily, not in my book at least. JH has yet to resolve any of the many subplots and conflicts he's keeps adding to. Like I've said before, I can't really judge his mega-arc until something has been resolved because ending things is hard and many good writers struggle with weak and/or convenient resolutions. But over its course so far there have been some strong points and some lousy issues and subplots too, although I'm impressed with the strength of the last few issues it wasn't very long ago there were about as many weaker issues involving Black Bolt and the Universal Inhumans. And no one can answer my question about where The Maestro went after Reed brought him along, as far as I can tell, which although it will probably be addressed at some point is still a plot-hole nonetheless.

All that being said, I am hoping he's just finally and consistently caught his stride on the book.

On another subject, aren't the Celestials just sort of dumb? All they do is talk like robots and shoot energy blasts, is that really so amazing or advanced? They are kinda huge but not that huge. And if Galactus crashed on Earth like he did in this issue, wouldn't there be a huge seismic event instead of a small crater?

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 am

This run has only been ok so far :smt102 For every good idea or issue there's one that is nonsensical.

Waid's run was pretty slight. It's not in the pantheon either. not even close

although Hickman is at least trying to create new things. Which is very much in the Lee/Kirby mode.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Hold yer horses there, Chris. You don't get up there to Lee & Kirby's level that easily, not in my book at least. JH has yet to resolve any of the many subplots and conflicts he's keeps adding to. Like I've said before, I can't really judge his mega-arc until something has been resolved because ending things is hard and many good writers struggle with weak and/or convenient resolutions. But over its course so far there have been some strong points and some lousy issues and subplots too, although I'm impressed with the strength of the last few issues it wasn't very long ago there were about as many weaker issues involving Black Bolt and the Universal Inhumans. And no one can answer my question about where The Maestro went after Reed brought him along, as far as I can tell, which although it will probably be addressed at some point is still a plot-hole nonetheless.

All that being said, I am hoping he's just finally and consistently caught his stride on the book.

On another subject, aren't the Celestials just sort of dumb? All they do is talk like robots and shoot energy blasts, is that really so amazing or advanced? They are kinda huge but not that huge. And if Galactus crashed on Earth like he did in this issue, wouldn't there be a huge seismic event instead of a small crater?

I don't care about your book :lol:

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 272 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 am

I understand where and what Hickman has done. It's just taken a long frickin time to get there.

This run is no Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Waid/Ringo run.

That's insanity talk.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am

Holland Oats wrote:I don't care about your book :lol:

Last edited by Victorian Squid on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 am

GOSD wrote:I understand where and what Hickman has done. It's just taken a long frickin time to get there.

This run is no Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Waid/Ringo run.

That's insanity talk.

Exactly. You are okay in my book! :lol:

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 517 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 am

i like what Hickman's doing but the last time i have been impressed and enjoyed the Fantastic Four was Waid/Ringo

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 656 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Exactly. You are okay in my book! :lol:

Hold yer horses there, Squid...

leave a comment with facebook

Next