Advertisement

Fantastic Four #7 (I like your cape Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Fantastic Four #7 (I like your cape Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am

Last issue we saw the Fantastic Four at the beginning of the Universe, this issue they’re at the end of it. I love the scale and ambition of this story, but it didn’t really work for me as well as I had hoped it would. The weird aliens were kind of generic and they were surprisingly easy to fool. I did like that both Franklin and Valeria were famous even at the end of the Universe (Franklin likely for the right reasons and Val for the wrong ones), it’s a shame that Marvel will likely never let the kids actually grow up, all we ever get is teases about their future, but it never pays off except in alternate futures.

I’ve always been one to not really care about the logistics of time-travel stories, so can someone else explain to me how this one makes sense, if Blastaar is never sent back in time, then the FF never go forward in time, right? My brain hurts. It’s cool that Ben is now going through his annual 24 hours as a human, that’s a great concept from Hickman’s run and it’s cool to see Fraction use it, and have it be even more tragic due to the fact that he may not even be on Earth for his one day.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Fantastic Four #7 (I like your cape Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 pm

I like how the Doctor tricked the aliens at the end of the universe and that then got away with his companions in the TARDIS.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:44 pm

What ? :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Amoebas wrote:I like how the Doctor tricked the aliens at the end of the universe and that then got away with his companions in the TARDIS.

Yeah, this reminded of that second Eccleston episode.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Punchy wrote:I’ve always been one to not really care about the logistics of time-travel stories, so can someone else explain to me how this one makes sense, if Blastaar is never sent back in time, then the FF never go forward in time, right? My brain hurts.

I agree with this. I always prefer time travel stories where the time travel has some sort of logical internal consistency. Unfortunately, the time travel in this story didn't have any. There were some points I liked -- Ben Grimm in human form tricking the aliens and ending his charade by saying, "What a revolting development," had me chuckling, as one example. Having said that the overall plot of this issue really didn't make a while lot of sense and that's too bad. I've enjoyed every other issue of this series so far, so things should look up from this one anomaly I would think.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand