Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Fatale Changed to Ongoing Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 am

After, finally, reading all of their collaborations, I have to gee that this is the weakest one and if I had a choice I'd pick more Criminal / Incognito over Fatale

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 am

My favourite Bru/Phillips joint is probably Sleeper, but as I said, they are all good.

I'm not going to complain about not having a cheese pizza when I'm getting pepperoni pizza instead, it's all fucking pizza.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 am

Why is my avatar a My Little Pony?

:smt013

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

Punchy wrote:
Who knows when it will be, but that's what Phillips said to one of my friends at a Convention 2 weeks ago.

I don't really care whether it's Criminal, Incognito or Fatale, I'll take any Bru/Phillips collaboration, it's all excellent.

I love Fatale a lot. But Criminal is my favorite comic.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 am

mrorangesoda wrote:Yeah. I guess they want to strike while the sales iron is hot, but I had been hoping it'd fall into rotation with Criminal and Incognito.

I'd vote for rotating titles.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am

All Brubaker/Phillips collaborations are head-and-shoulders above most comics. However, if I had to rank them:

1) Criminal
2) Fatale
3) Scene of the Crime
4) Sleeper
5) Incognito

Fatale definitely has its flaws, but I applaud Brubaker and Phillips for going so far outside of their wheelhouse. I was really glad to see their unique storytelling style tinged with the supernatural and horror.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am

Punchy wrote:My favourite Bru/Phillips joint is probably Sleeper, but as I said, they are all good.

I'm not going to complain about not having a cheese pizza when I'm getting pepperoni pizza instead, it's all fucking pizza.

Now I want pizza.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:All Brubaker/Phillips collaborations are head-and-shoulders above most comics. However, if I had to rank them:

1) Criminal
2) Fatale
3) Scene of the Crime
4) Sleeper
5) Incognito

Fatale definitely has its flaws, but I applaud Brubaker and Phillips for going so far outside of their wheelhouse. I was really glad to see their unique storytelling style tinged with the supernatural and horror.

Wasn't Scene Of The Crime drawn by Michael Lark?

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Punchy wrote:

Oh, shit. It was. Slipped my mind! Remove it from the list!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Oh, shit. It was. Slipped my mind! Remove it from the list!

It's an easy mistake to make, Phillips was the inker I think.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:

I'm a fan of Lark.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm

The latest issue wraps up Book 2, and I have to say with regret that I didn't think it was very good at all, this latest issue.

Any sympathy at all for Jo that has been built up with the reader is pretty much poured down the drain here, unfortunate if this truly is ongoing and she is still the central focus. If they had any at all, for despite her in-story irresistibility I have not grown fond of her character one tiny bit. And here, she has become quite despicable to me.

Suddenly at this late date she decides to act decisively and swiftly, what the fuck was her problem again for the last who-knows-how-many decades??

End is straight out of an old Eerie or Creepy, I swear. And despite the narration making clever excuses for the coincidences in the quick wrap up to the story, it still feels a little cheap and contrived rather than fated to happen.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am

draco x wrote:Would any be interested if this became a movie?

Depends on which actress gets the lead role! :-D

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
Depends on which actress gets the lead role! :-D

I would go for Angelina Jolie personally.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

draco x wrote:
I would go for Angelina Jolie personally.

Sure, like 10 years ago.

leave a comment with facebook