Advertisement

Fatale #2 (Freako Sons Of Bitches Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fatale #2 (Freako Sons Of Bitches Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Brubaker and Phillips deliver their usual high-quality package here as the mystery continues to develop and the aura of the supernatural gets bigger and bigger. This issue expands the world of Fatale a little more and introduces us to the character who is (I assume) the major villain in Mister Bishop, who is delightfully creepy. I wasn’t sure at first if a Noir/Horror mash-up would work as well as Brubaker’s previous straight-up Noir, but he’s proving me wrong here and I’m pleased as hell. I was surprised that this issue did not feature any scenes set in the present with Nicolas Lash and his missing leg, it was all flashback, I wonder when we’ll get back to him, or was he just a framing device only to be revisited at the very end? Phillips’ art was of course fantastic, he manages to make the horror elements seem of a whole with the realism of the world, which manages to make it all the scarier. His painting of Poe was also brilliant. It’s hard to write about a Bru/Phillips joint without repeating yourself at times, they are just modern-day comics perfection, almost every time.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Fatale #2 (Freako Sons Of Bitches Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Definitely enjoying this moreso than I did Incognito through two issues.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Re: Fatale #2 (Freako Sons Of Bitches Spoilers)

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 pm

I find it slow and the characters uninteresting. I think Bru is doing some big plot- and world-building here, and that the story will pick up in upcoming issues. But so far, it does not read well in singles.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand