Advertisement

Fatale #7 (The Consort Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fatale #7 (The Consort Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I’m really digging the setting for this second Fatale storyline. My favourite Criminal stories were set in the 1970s, and Brubaker is hitting it out of the park again with this take on the down and dirty Hollywood of that period. It’s interesting that this issue mentioned Charles Manson. There were rumours of all sorts of occult shit going in Hollywood in the 60s and 70s, and it looks like Brubaker is telling a story where it was all very real, which should be very cool. I also really like Miles as a protagonist, he’s a washed-up actor with a smack problem, but he’s still acting heroic. He’s a classic flawed neo-noir hero, and I’m not just saying that because he looks like Teeg Lawless. The connections between this arc and the first one became even clearer with this issue, as we see the new body of Bishop aka Hansel aka Hank Raines’ son all grown up, and he’s a very scary dude indeed. I think the fact that Fatale jumped forward to the 70s in this arc has really made evident how special the book can be. Before, it was just a slightly lesser Criminal with supernatural elements off to the side, but now… we can see it’s going to be a true epic. And with every interview Brubaker does revealing that the story is getting longer and longer… calling it epic is not mere hyperbole. And before I forget, here’s the entirely unnecessary sentence about how awesome and perfect for this kind of comic Sean Phillips is, but then, everybody already knows that.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Fatale #7 (The Consort Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

I didn't actually pick up on that being Raines's son. :shock:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand