Advertisement

Fav. stories Starring..

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 33782
Likes: 1144 posts
Liked in: 620 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power


Postby outsider » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 am

jza1218 wrote:Teen Titans - Im gonna cheat and say Young Justice's entire run
LOL, if this were a term paper, I'd be citing jza as a source to substanitate my claim. :D

jza1218 wrote:Superman - Secret Identity
That story was a close second for me. I picked "FTMWHE" because of its condensed 'real' DCU elements, but Secret Identity is such an amazing story.
-

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21438
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 173 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 am

cncoyle wrote:Name one other. :P Even the crossover with the Outsiders was fun, but wasn't 'great'. Wolfman & Perez offered a great team dynamic that fueled the popularity, but the stories.... meh.

Dear Mom & Dad
Siege
the whole Blackfire/Omega Men/X'Hal/Citadel arc
the 5-part Trigon arc
Runaways (yeah it was pandering and "socially conscious"...still great stuff)
A Pretty Girl is Like a Maladi


and that's just from the W/P days. you could make arguments for YJ counting as "Titans" stories, and i'm sure somebody (although probably not me) could make a case that Johns's Titans of Tomorrow arc was "great"
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Spidey-Man
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby Spidey-Man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 am

Batman-Knightfall

Captain America-Cap v. the future U.S. Agent-Captain America 400 (?)

Avengers (Any incarnation)_Masters of Evil story until Stern-Mansion under Siege

Teen Titans (Any incarnation)-Annual where Superboy and Wonder Girl sleep together

Hulk-Hulk 350 where the leader blows up the gamma bomb and Hulk "dies" (but really becomes Mr. Fixit)

Superman-Man of Steel 1-6

Spiderman-Amazing spider-Man 39-40-the origin of the Green Goblin

Wonder Woman-Kingdome Come

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 33782
Likes: 1144 posts
Liked in: 620 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby outsider » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:21 am

Man of Steel wrote:Teen Titans (Any incarnation)-Annual where Superboy and Wonder Girl sleep together
LOL, really?! The one where Nightwing & Superboy fly to the north pole to Alex's Crisis-Tower?
-

Spidey-Man
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby Spidey-Man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 am

cncoyle wrote:LOL, really?! The one where Nightwing & Superboy fly to the north pole to Alex's Crisis-Tower?


I've only read like 10-12 issues of any Titans. After OYL I hated it

That's the only story I remember. It was sweet, kinda. Ma Kent catches them in the barn :-D

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 33782
Likes: 1144 posts
Liked in: 620 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby outsider » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

Man of Steel wrote:I've only read like 10-12 issues of any Titans. After OYL I hated it

That's the only story I remember. It was sweet, kinda. Ma Kent catches them in the barn :-D
Oh, I gotcha now. That explains it, then. The only noteworthy story in the entirety of Johns's Teen Titans run was the "Titans of Tomorrow" arc, but even that didn't play out as it should have, imo. The cliffhanger ending with Lex talking about Conner & Cassie producing an heir went nowhere.
-

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby jza1218 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:29 am

cncoyle wrote:Oh, I gotcha now. That explains it, then. The only noteworthy story in the entirety of Johns's Teen Titans run was the "Titans of Tomorrow" arc, but even that didn't play out as it should have, imo. The cliffhanger ending with Lex talking about Conner & Cassie producing an heir went nowhere.


I remember I started talking about how boring Johns' TT run was around issue 30-something on the Rama and how many dropped storylines there were (BB and Raven getting together? Ares and Cassie? What happened there?) and I got lambasted by all these defenders

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21438
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 173 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 am

jza1218 wrote:I remember I started talking about how boring Johns' TT run was around issue 30-something on the Rama and how many dropped storylines there were (BB and Raven getting together? Ares and Cassie? What happened there?) and I got lambasted by all these defenders

oh, the Johns-fu on 'rama was strong. i'm pretty sure if Nate and i saw that thread we backed you up. such a wasted-potential book that fanboiz still lapped up like manna from heaven.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21438
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 173 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:43 am

Man of Steel wrote:Captain America-Cap v. the future U.S. Agent-Captain America 400 (?)

Hulk-Hulk 350 where the leader blows up the gamma bomb and Hulk "dies" (but really becomes Mr. Fixit)


just to show off my nerd-fu:

that'd be Cap 350:

Image

and Hulk 345:

Image


although Hulk 350 was pretty awesome too, even though he did curb-stomp my boy Ben... :(

Image
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 33782
Likes: 1144 posts
Liked in: 620 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power


Postby outsider » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 am

I remember starting a thread how disappointed I was with issue #12, and Johns offered to buy back the run if I didn't like #13. That was a cool gesture by him.

I used to love his work, but the vast majority has slipped in quality, imo. I need to read Booster Gold, though.
-

jza1218
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby jza1218 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 am

chap22 wrote:oh, the Johns-fu on 'rama was strong. i'm pretty sure if Nate and i saw that thread we backed you up. such a wasted-potential book that fanboiz still lapped up like manna from heaven.


HAHA...I remember one thread about Johns and I was backing up Nate and then he got into his scuttlebutt with Moobeam

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21438
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 173 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:52 am

cncoyle wrote:I remember starting a thread how disappointed I was with issue #12, and Johns offered to buy back the run if I didn't like #13. That was a cool gesture by him.

I used to love his work, but the vast majority has slipped in quality, imo. I need to read Booster Gold, though.
yes you do. easily his best work since he left Flash IMO. yes fanboys, better than Green Lantern and JSA.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 33782
Likes: 1144 posts
Liked in: 620 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power


Re: Fav. stories Starring..

Postby outsider » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 am

silly
Last edited by outsider on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

Jack Burton
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12219
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 38 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Braintree, MA


Postby Jack Burton » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 am

chap22 wrote:yes you do. easily his best work since he left Flash IMO. yes fanboys, better than Green Lantern and JSA.


It's good but it's not as good as Green Lantern. That's his strongest book for me. I'm still kind of amazed he stuck the landing for Sinestro War. Usually Johns falls kinda flat on the finish.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21438
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 173 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 am

Jack Burton wrote:It's good but it's not as good as Green Lantern. That's his strongest book for me. I'm still kind of amazed he stuck the landing for Sinestro War. Usually Johns falls kinda flat on the finish.

he stuck it better on Booster. i maintain that to my dying breath.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 121 guests

Advertisement