Advertisement

Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:44 am

We have a thread to talk about the new book spinning out of this, but not for the issue itself, so:

I guess we should have known he wasn’t actually dead, Fraction was being a little too glib in interviews about how he finally got to have ‘the Red Skull kill Captain America’ for it to be true. But this was still a surprise, and the announcement of a new Winter Soldier series is just great, I’ll certainly be in line for that. This was basically an issue of Brubaker’s Captain America, and it kept up the level of quality we’re used to. Brubaker and Guice are a great team, so it was great to see them together again. I do like the idea of Bucky’s return being risky, he could drop dead at any minute because of the Infinity Formula, so it’s not a clean resurrection, the ‘death’ still has impact. Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.

Advertisement

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36000
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:45 am

Punchy wrote:We have a thread to talk about the new book spinning out of this, but not for the issue itself, so:

I guess we should have known he wasn’t actually dead, Fraction was being a little too glib in interviews about how he finally got to have ‘the Red Skull kill Captain America’ for it to be true. But this was still a surprise, and the announcement of a new Winter Soldier series is just great, I’ll certainly be in line for that. This was basically an issue of Brubaker’s Captain America, and it kept up the level of quality we’re used to. Brubaker and Guice are a great team, so it was great to see them together again. I do like the idea of Bucky’s return being risky, he could drop dead at any minute because of the Infinity Formula, so it’s not a clean resurrection, the ‘death’ still has impact. Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.


Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I enjoyed Fear Itself, but it seems to have no ramifications and looks like it will end up being a self-contained event.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21434
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 170 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby chap22 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

The President wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I enjoyed Fear Itself, but it seems to have no ramifications and looks like it will end up being a self-contained event.

Which is frankly the one thing I like about FI (other than Immonen).

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42739
Likes: 210 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 pm

What annoys me is this: I have both Captain America and Captain America & Bucky on my pull, which gets sent to me monthly by my mail order guy. This was not on my pull because I wasn't getting Fear Itself. In other words, this is an issue of Captain America that I won't be getting because it has a different title. And no, I can't just pop in and get one because the nearest LCS is about a five-hour drive from here.
Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:59 pm

nietoperz wrote:What annoys me is this: I have both Captain America and Captain America & Bucky on my pull, which gets sent to me monthly by my mail order guy. This was not on my pull because I wasn't getting Fear Itself. In other words, this is an issue of Captain America that I won't be getting because it has a different title. And no, I can't just pop in and get one because the nearest LCS is about a five-hour drive from here.


Order a back-issue from Midtown.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70201
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 508 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.


Kinda less than two weeks as the Mighty Thor solicit kinda hints he is not really dead dead.

So will Nul and Void team up?
Image Image Image ImageImage

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

This was really good. Loved the art.

I can't fucking wait for Winter Soldier. That is honestly the book I've always wanted from Marvel.
Image

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18982
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Online


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Regarding next week's Thor:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Apparently he IS dead and the story will continue in some sort of god afterlife. At least that's what I've stringed together from the solicits of the upcoming few issues.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70201
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 508 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Regarding next week's Thor:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Apparently he IS dead and the story will continue in some sort of god afterlife. At least that's what I've stringed together from the solicits of the upcoming few issues.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Perhaps his coporeal form is dead (burned) but if he is trying not to be eaten by the Demogorge so I don't consider him dead dead
Image Image Image ImageImage

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18982
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Online


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I had to google that one, Atum from the God Squad 8)

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70201
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 508 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I had to google that one, Atum from the God Squad 8)


Yup. aka. The God-Eater
Image Image Image ImageImage

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 39 guests

Advertisement