Advertisement

Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:44 am

We have a thread to talk about the new book spinning out of this, but not for the issue itself, so:

I guess we should have known he wasn’t actually dead, Fraction was being a little too glib in interviews about how he finally got to have ‘the Red Skull kill Captain America’ for it to be true. But this was still a surprise, and the announcement of a new Winter Soldier series is just great, I’ll certainly be in line for that. This was basically an issue of Brubaker’s Captain America, and it kept up the level of quality we’re used to. Brubaker and Guice are a great team, so it was great to see them together again. I do like the idea of Bucky’s return being risky, he could drop dead at any minute because of the Infinity Formula, so it’s not a clean resurrection, the ‘death’ still has impact. Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.

Advertisement

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: Fear Itself #7.1 (Didn't this book die last week? Spoile

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:45 am

Punchy wrote:We have a thread to talk about the new book spinning out of this, but not for the issue itself, so:

I guess we should have known he wasn’t actually dead, Fraction was being a little too glib in interviews about how he finally got to have ‘the Red Skull kill Captain America’ for it to be true. But this was still a surprise, and the announcement of a new Winter Soldier series is just great, I’ll certainly be in line for that. This was basically an issue of Brubaker’s Captain America, and it kept up the level of quality we’re used to. Brubaker and Guice are a great team, so it was great to see them together again. I do like the idea of Bucky’s return being risky, he could drop dead at any minute because of the Infinity Formula, so it’s not a clean resurrection, the ‘death’ still has impact. Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I enjoyed Fear Itself, but it seems to have no ramifications and looks like it will end up being a self-contained event.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

The President wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I enjoyed Fear Itself, but it seems to have no ramifications and looks like it will end up being a self-contained event.

Which is frankly the one thing I like about FI (other than Immonen).

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 pm

What annoys me is this: I have both Captain America and Captain America & Bucky on my pull, which gets sent to me monthly by my mail order guy. This was not on my pull because I wasn't getting Fear Itself. In other words, this is an issue of Captain America that I won't be getting because it has a different title. And no, I can't just pop in and get one because the nearest LCS is about a five-hour drive from here.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:59 pm

nietoperz wrote:What annoys me is this: I have both Captain America and Captain America & Bucky on my pull, which gets sent to me monthly by my mail order guy. This was not on my pull because I wasn't getting Fear Itself. In other words, this is an issue of Captain America that I won't be getting because it has a different title. And no, I can't just pop in and get one because the nearest LCS is about a five-hour drive from here.

Order a back-issue from Midtown.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 709 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Not much else to say really, just that I hope next week’s Thor epilogue doesn’t reveal he’s not dead either, because then both the major deaths from Fear Itself would be null and void after only 2 weeks.

Kinda less than two weeks as the Mighty Thor solicit kinda hints he is not really dead dead.

So will Nul and Void team up?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

This was really good. Loved the art.

I can't fucking wait for Winter Soldier. That is honestly the book I've always wanted from Marvel.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 271 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Regarding next week's Thor:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Apparently he IS dead and the story will continue in some sort of god afterlife. At least that's what I've stringed together from the solicits of the upcoming few issues.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Regarding next week's Thor:

Apparently he IS dead and the story will continue in some sort of god afterlife. At least that's what I've stringed together from the solicits of the upcoming few issues.

Perhaps his coporeal form is dead (burned) but if he is trying not to be eaten by the Demogorge so I don't consider him dead dead

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 271 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I had to google that one, Atum from the God Squad 8)

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I had to google that one, Atum from the God Squad 8)

Yup. aka. The God-Eater

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand