Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fear Itself #6 (Leave your weapons Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Punchy wrote:I can’t wait to see how Fraction finishes things and whether it will be Cap or Thor that delivers the final blow to The Serpent.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Famous Outhousers Starlord will be the one to give the final blow to the serpent

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I really enjoyed this issue. Lots of cool moments.

Everyone acted the way they were supposed to be acting unlike in Bendis' books where everyone has the same voice.

My only minor gripe was that it took 6 Avengers to carry Thor. It was a cool visual, but completely unnecessary.

TheGeek

Snake On A Plane

Postby TheGeek » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Cool moments, but it only took us 5 issues of meh to get there. Not a fair trade, if you ask me. Makes me scared for issue 7...the final battle's gonna be hella RUSHED.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 pm

This was by far the best issue of the series. Too bad it took six issues for it to happen.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 am

This is the "best issue"? :smt017

From the cover with scenes that appear nowhere in the book to...

Thor suddenly weighing 600 tons.

Who's Cap yelling "Man Down! to?

Steve Captain America Rogers- with the voice that can command a god - obviously can't. Coming at Odin in anger made for a cool scene, but I feel Cap should have been using his incredible diplomatic skills when trying to get a father to heal his son.

Cap wanting to evacuate the Earth - for this? While the situation isn't good, Earth has seen this stuff too often for Cap to quit like this. The guy that never gives up has for two issues now.

And those Spider-Man pages. I kept expecting May to tell Peter - "Why the fuck are you wasting your time looking for me when there are people out there that need to be saved. Grow a pair will ya?!"

And finally, at long last, the real Captain America shows up at the end. Bout friggin time.

Bad news though for the rest of his quitter team as they apparently don't follow him to the 'main line'.

Beautiful art everywhere though.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:39 am

TheGeek wrote:Cool moments, but it only took us 5 issues of meh to get there. Not a fair trade, if you ask me. Makes me scared for issue 7...the final battle's gonna be hella RUSHED.

Actually theres 4 more issues (7, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3). Apparently the story was too big so they created 3 issues as an epilogue/fight/whatever.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 am

avengingtitan wrote:Actually theres 4 more issues (7, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3). Apparently the story was too big so they created 3 issues as an epilogue/fight/whatever.

seriously?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:19 am

Rockman wrote:
seriously?

They're just epilogues, and are basically part of the ongoing Iron Man, Thor and Captain America series, and are by those writers (Brubaker and Fraction).

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 am

Rockman wrote:
seriously?

Yep.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

yup this comic didn't stop the sucking Feat itself has been.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 pm

I actually have liked this story so far. I think I might be in the minority though.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I actually have liked this story so far. I think I might be in the minority though.

like a black man at GOSD's house.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
The key to a good Hank Pym joke is delivery. :lol:

You could say the same thing about a good Hank Pym backhand. :lol: :wink:

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I actually have liked this story so far. I think I might be in the minority though.

No, I've enjoyed it all too, but I read most all of it at once and none of the crossover stuff. So I might have come to it differently than others.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm

While Fraction's got some great idea's, cool moments and a definite plan for this event...I think the problem is that he's got too much of the above to cram it into a miniseries with regular sized books.

He simply doesn't have enough time to elaborate on most of the concepts he's worked up and it's all hot shot writing trying to throw in everything he planned into 7 issues. If each issue was double sized full of story we may have been able to see more depth instead of all these rapid fire scenes that we can't fully digest.

So while I enjoy the story and concept as a whole...it just feels so rushed. That's disappointing as I had high hopes for this and it just ended up an above average even with the pacing.

leave a comment with facebook