Advertisement

X-Files Comic Book Series to Return from IDW, with Chris Carter

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 321 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

From ECCC, IDW announced that The X-Files will relaunch in June.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Series creator Chris Carter will be part of the creative team launching The X-Files comic book this June.  The series will pick up where the TV show left off, being billed as Season 10 and with Carter on board, the new stories will fit into established canon.

The first story arc will tackle the alien conspiracy in a more "paranoid, post-terror, post-wikileaks society," and will tie into plots from the original series.  Mulder and Scully have to work their way back to agent status in the first story, but everyone associate with the X-FIles are being killed off one-by-one.  It will bring the two together again for their own protection. 

From IDW:

THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 will be written by Joe Harris, writer of the acclaimed series Great Pacific, with art and colors by the Comeback team of artist Michael Walsh and colorist Jordie Bellaire. Issue #1 will feature covers by Dave JohnsonJoe Corroney, and Carlos Valenzuela, along with a classic photo image of Mulder and Scully.

“It was already an incredibly exciting prospect to tell stories set after the second THE X-FILES movie, especially after Joe Harris worked up such a great plan in that regard,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. “But my excitement level went off the charts after a meeting with Chris Carter, where he agreed to come aboard and executive produce our Season 10. In much the same way Joss Whedon steered our Angel: After the Fall series, Chris has graciously returned to do the same here. What do THE X-FILES look like in this increasingly paranoid and untrusting post-Wikileaks era? Well, they look like canon to me… and come June, the rest of the world will be able to see it for themselves, too.”

In the opening story arc, “Believers,” readers will catch up with Dana Scully and Fox Mulder, living normal lives together under secret identities. However, a visit from an old friend threatens to rip them from suburban anonymity, as they learn that someone is preying upon everyone involved in THE X-FILES. Prepare to revisit familiar faces—some very unexpected, threats old and new, and an intriguing mystery designed to return the beloved franchise to its former glory!

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Re: X-Files Comic Book Series to Return from IDW, with Chris

Postby Sunless » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 am

I'll be getting this.

Also.... I still have the biggest crush on Gillian Anderson.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 am

Yea, I think I'll be picking this up as well. Especially with Carter on board.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 431 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 am

I'll trade wait and see what the reviews say
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Sunless wrote:I'll be getting this.

Also.... I still have the biggest crush on Gillian Anderson.

I will be getting this,
and
I HAVE THE BIGGEST CRUSH ON GILLIAN......... :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand