Advertisement

Final Crisis Question (spoilers for all that stuff)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 334 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Final Crisis Question (spoilers for all that stuff)

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:06 am

Okay, so I got it yesterday because the postal system is junk. Anyways, I really liked the beginning with the Japanese Superhero-Pop Culture stuff, but ummm...when did Shilo Norman come back to life? All I remember is his arms bursting out of the grave all colourful at the end of Seven Soldiers of Victory #1.

Or are we not supposed to know that?
SHABBA!

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:02 am

unless another writers handling his concepts morrison always resolves his leftovers. i think time will reveal.

then again shilo norman appeared in firestorm while the apokolips gods still looked like their old selves....when mr miracle was meant to be active.

i think dc's editorial should've kept a tighter leash on this stuff till it all played out =/

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:12 am

Why can't life just be simple?
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:12 am

Vic Mackey wrote:unless another writers handling his concepts morrison always resolves his leftovers. i think time will reveal.

then again shilo norman appeared in firestorm while the apokolips gods still looked like their old selves....when mr miracle was meant to be active.

i think dc's editorial should've kept a tighter leash on this stuff till it all played out =/
True, although I didn't know about Firestorm. I knew that Shilo wouldn't stay dead from Seven Soldiers, so I guess this has something to do with the 7S versions of Darkseid and crew (who appear in FC and baffle the hell out of me). I'm just not sure, I can't remember how he died. From what I understood, the series was either non-linear, or it was a dream/hallucination.

Makes me wonder what the Sheeda have to do with all of this. I'm not going to jump up and analyze anything just yet though. I'd like to see how the mini plays out.

I feel like it's a bit rushed though. I'd prefer it to be a bit longer than 7 issues (plus I'm not reading any tie-ins).

Which leads me to my next question: Do I need to read Final Crisis: Requiem to understand the rest of FC?
SHABBA!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 am

Keb wrote:Which leads me to my next question: Do I need to read Final Crisis: Requiem to understand the rest of FC?
no, unless you're a big martian manhunter fan wand want to see the extended scene of his death and discovery of his corpse it doesnt contribute at all to the story.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:48 am

I like him on the JL cartoon :)
SHABBA!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 am

I think it has to do with the 'life trap' he was able to escape in Mister Miracle #4. He was pretty confident when facing Dark Side due to the fact that he knew death wouldn't stick.

The Outhouse: In a digital world full of ruthless assholes and whiny bitches...might as well hang out with the ones you know.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:47 pm

It was the one series I didn't really understand. Too disjointed. That and Frankenstein ran me for a loop.
SHABBA!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Keb wrote:Which leads me to my next question: Do I need to read Final Crisis: Requiem to understand the rest of FC?

Not really.

It just expands on the death of the Martian Manhunter and it's sort of a memorial thing.

I read it last night and I really liked it a lot, but I don't think it's necessary to follow the story.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Keb wrote:It was the one series I didn't really understand. Too disjointed. That and Frankenstein ran me for a loop.

The Mister Miracle mini was completely nonlinear at times. Frankenstein and Bulleteer were just good ol' fashioned fun. Everything else had its highs and lows.

The Outhouse: In a digital world full of ruthless assholes and whiny bitches...might as well hang out with the ones you know.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:The Mister Miracle mini was completely nonlinear at times. Frankenstein and Bulleteer were just good ol' fashioned fun. Everything else had its highs and lows.
I liked them all equally. Best "crossover"/event I've read in my five years of reading comics.
SHABBA!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Requim is not required reading, but I'm really glad I bought it. A very well told story and one that deserved to be told. Now we know exactly how Martian Manhunter died, and a couple of scene's were very sad. Tomasi is fast becoming one of my favorite DC writers.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I friggin' loved both issues! It's very Grant Morrison and once I get into the way his characters are speaking I enjoy him stuff a hell of a lot.

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Dugan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Is it bad that i'm reading the series but don't understand a word in the first post? :?

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 291 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Is it bad that i'm reading the series but don't understand a word in the first post? :?
Yes as I'm not reading this series and perfectly understood Keb. Have you read Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand