Advertisement

First Look at Fraction and Allred's FF#1 from Marvel

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 100 posts

Re: First Look at Fraction and Allred's FF#1 from Marvel

Postby doombug » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Well you, Fourthy and Amlah were always pretty interchangable. :lol:

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:31 pm

doombug wrote:Well you, Fourthy and Amlah were always pretty interchangable. :lol:

I could say that about you and Bill, but...no I couldn't, Bill was like a tall majestic oak tree stuck in amongst the weeds and thistles. :smt011

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Chris wrote:Image

Can someone remind how and why Scott Lang is still alive? I thought he got 86'd by Wanda during Avengers Dissassembled some years back.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 pm

draco x wrote:
Can someone remind how and why Scott Lang is still alive? I thought he got 86'd by Wanda during Avengers Dissassembled some years back.

Came back during Avengers: The Children's Crusade.

Cassie pulled him out from the past, from just before he was killed, and brought him to the present.. only to then die right infront of him.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 pm

see, I don't know ANYTHING about this Ant-Man, yet the point 1 issue was so skillful that I now know all I need to know to care about this guy and like him. He's a cool Dad who loved his daughter, she grew up to be a superhero, got killed by Doc Doom, and her Dad is crazy with sorrow, but is too kind-hearted of a soul to do anything super violent to get his revenge. It's perfect.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Chris wrote:
Came back during Avengers: The Children's Crusade.

Cassie pulled him out from the past, from just before he was killed, and brought him to the present.. only to then die right infront of him.

Wow, that must really suck to be brought back from the dead by your daughter only to have her get killed before your very eyes.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:57 pm

draco x wrote:
Wow, that must really suck to be brought back from the dead by your daughter only to have her get killed before your very eyes.

I guess it would make you angry enough to draw a mustache on a picture of the person who killed her. :?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Black Jumbo wrote:
I guess it would make you angry enough to draw a mustache on a picture of the person who killed her. :?

Lang should have punched Doom in the face for what he did.

TheSecondLex
cheese

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:00 pm

DMM wrote:see, I don't know ANYTHING about this Ant-Man, yet the point 1 issue was so skillful that I now know all I need to know to care about this guy and like him. He's a cool Dad who loved his daughter, she grew up to be a superhero, got killed by Doc Doom, and her Dad is crazy with sorrow, but is too kind-hearted of a soul to do anything super violent to get his revenge. It's perfect.

And that's Scott Lang for you. There's a TPB out there now called 'Avengers: The Trial of Yellowjacket'. It's very overlooked, very unknown, but very important to Avengers mythos. This is nine or twelve issues of Hank Pym's fall and rise, this is the one where he backhands Jan. Lots of other stuff happens (Jan lets Stark climb on top of her, a dethroning moment of suck for both of them), but the backhand and Hank's descent are high-water marks. Into all this pops Avenger after Avenger, including Scott Lang.

One little sidetrip story detailed Scott taking Cassie to the circus, and it just so happened that Hawkeye was there too, and long story short they tun afoul of (you guessed it!) the Taskmaster. They fight, some stuff happens, Taskmaster slangs around', kinda Ben Grimm-lite, and Scott goes back to Cassie, who he's left on the roller coaster, happy as a clam so he could go fight the supervillains. Weekend Dad also has Cool Adventures!

It's really popular and in a lot of ways accurate to say the Marvel Universe is grim, dark, unnecessarily stupid or violent--all of which are true--but the existence of Scott Lang is proof that the opposite can be true, too. Good people live here (it's a theme the FF also do very well, which is why he functions best there), and they're fun to read about.

Because every so often, reading about Peter Parker's fuckin life gets really damn depressing.

I look forward to Fraction keeping the optimism alive in the Baxter Building.
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 94 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 am

I'm glad I preordered FF # 1.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 100 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 am

Black Jumbo wrote:
I could say that about you and Bill, but...no I couldn't, Bill was like a tall majestic oak tree stuck in amongst the weeds and thistles. :smt011

I did miss you while you were gone. :lol:

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 am

PDH wrote:
I'm not a fan of Fraction but, to be fair, I haven't read any of those, so maybe that's why. His X-Men was really bad, though, as was Fear Itself. Maybe I'll give his Iron Man a try.

His Iron Fist and Hawkeye are both unbelievably great. Really hit it out of the park amazing. I never cared about either character before, but I can honestly say, now I do. Great work.

He seems to do better with a smaller group of characters, though. Large teams may not be his strong suit, but with only 4 characters in the FF, he may be able to rock it out.
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 am

doombug wrote:I did miss you while you were gone. :lol:

This is like a 2/3 reunion this week, me back and fourthy back for more than a post. It would be cool if amlah were back too, but I don't think that will happen. I think I may know who he is on another site though (not OHG, I don't post there).

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

did amlah leave in a blaze of glory?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand