Friday, September 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Flash: Rebirth

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:14 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I have yet to read that.

should I?
Yes.

What are you waiting for. GO NOW!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:22 am

I trust Geoff. Whatever he has planned, I'm in.

He's also SO cute in person.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 am

I'm not even going to comment on Barry coming back. :roll:
BubbaKanoosh wrote:Johns & Van Sciver

I typically like EVS's art, but that's not a very good rendering of any Flash, imo. The projected energy logo thingie and unique energy signatures were excellent additions for the Green Lantern, but why do the chest logo thingie for the Flash? I understand Wally's crackling energy when he was with the Speed Force, but this makes The Flash look like a Tesla machine.

Plus, the composition is so... static. Yeah, he's pulling on his boots, but does all the energy mean he's charging up to run?

And the facial expression--why so serious? That's probably my main gripe about most of EVS's work: the characters always look pissed off or at least grim. Can't he portray someone happy just once?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 am

While I don't think they should bring Barry Allen back because his death was so intense, at least they're doing this with a character who's been dead 23 years as opposed to a character who's been dead for two months.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:26 am

doombug wrote:Last I checked Kyle and Guy are both the major players in the GLC. :roll:

As I said.. I just don't like the setup of that book.

It's like a Batman fan having to read Justice League to get his Batman fix, if the Batman in the Batman ongoing was replaced by Jason Todd. It sucks.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:38 am

You know I'm happy about this project for one thing.. we get to see Moose do colors again. The dude rocks.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 am

Geoff Johns.

I'm in.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 am

chap22 wrote:shut your fucking mouth. i'd rather have the REAL Prof. Zoom back than Barry. by about a million times.

:shock:

you sound really pissed there...

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am

As long as Wally doesn't get the shaft I'm ok with it. Marvel brought back Bucky and he's one of my characters.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:50 am

DaReekstah wrote:I HATE this.

F'N hate it.

I can't put it into words.

Wally will no doubt be given the Kyle treatment now.

Can we expect Martian Manhunter: Rebirth in 2011?

I really don't see the point in this at all. Wally is a great Flash and has been going strong for 22 years which is only 8 years less than Barry. Replacing him sucks.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Jack Burton wrote:I really don't see the point in this at all. Wally is a great Flash and has been going strong for 22 years which is only 8 years less than Barry. Replacing him sucks.

I can understand bringing Hal back, because Hal was only dead for a relatively short time, and a messed up character for only somewhat longer..

But like you said.. Barry's been gone for a long time. There are fans who don't even know him as anything but a name and a character that appears every now and then, then disappears again.

It's just pointless nostalgic fanwankery. As much as I like Johns sometimes, he can be TOO tied to the past.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I can understand bringing Hal back, because Hal was only dead for a relatively short time, and a messed up character for only somewhat longer..

But like you said.. Barry's been gone for a long time. There are fans who don't even know him as anything but a name and a character that appears every now and then, then disappears again.

It's just pointless nostalgic fanwankery. As much as I like Johns sometimes, he can be TOO tied to the past.

Bucky was dead for 60 years :?

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:35 pm

I might have to stop being lazy and become a writer for DC so I can kill Hal Jordan and Barry Allen again.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Bucky was dead for 60 years :?

True. But let's be honest..

Bucky as he is now.. the Winter Soldier/New Cap Bucky.. might as well be a brand new character with all the changes.

He is basically what Wally was. A legacy.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Psivage wrote:I might have to stop being lazy and become a writer for DC so I can kill Hal Jordan and Barry Allen again.

When you do kill Ollie as well.

leave a comment with facebook