Advertisement

Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1843
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 63 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 pm

chap22 wrote:Yep, me too?

And you're not reading WW? Oh, ESF...you are doing yourself a disservice. DC's best by such a large margin it's unquantifiable.


That's one you guys have told me about, and I will read it at some point -- because I actually really like Wonder Woman as a character -- but from what you guys were saying, I was under the impression that Azzarello's take was enjoyable enough to do my patented "One Sitting Read of The Run."

These days from DC...anything I can pry out of that company that is worth reading that I haven't already started, I'm going to wait until the end of the run so at least I can say I enjoyed something they did, all at once.
Image

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Huh. Will do -- I was just wondering what the hell I could read this weekend that didn't have any continuity that I'd have to deal with!

Fair warning: I can near-about guarantee you're going to love it so much that the lack of an ending is going to piss you off something terrible. I tell you to get if anyway just to see how good and viable a teen heroes book can still be these days. Also, because I want other people to join me in my misery that issue 6 is like 5 months delayed at this point

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34451
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:08 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Your call, but you'd fail my class.

Also, 'pluralise' is a word.


Hmm, I guess that the Outhouse is set on US spelling.

Would I really fail for this? I got As in English at school and I've always done it.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:08 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
That's one you guys have told me about, and I will read it at some point -- because I actually really like Wonder Woman as a character -- but from what you guys were saying, I was under the impression that Azzarello's take was enjoyable enough to do my patented "One Sitting Read of The Run."

These days from DC...anything I can pry out of that company that is worth reading that I haven't already started, I'm going to wait until the end of the run so at least I can say I enjoyed something they did, all at once.

Reasonable answer. Just don't forget about it.

ElijahSnowFan
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1843
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 63 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:10 pm

chap22 wrote:Fair warning: I can near-about guarantee you're going to love it so much that the lack of an ending is going to piss you off something terrible. I tell you to get if anyway just to see how good and viable a teen heroes book can still be these days. Also, because I want other people to join me in my misery that issue 6 is like 5 months delayed at this point


Fair enough! You know I've been around the block enough times to know that sometimes, stories don't end, so that won't keep me from reading it.
Image

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42770
Likes: 224 posts
Liked in: 197 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby nietoperz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
Hmm, I guess that the Outhouse is set on US spelling.

Would I really fail for this? I got As in English at school and I've always done it.


Put it this way: if my second-year composition students did it consistently I would not give them a passing grade. This is especially true if they answered me with, "Well, I think I'm right. And English doesn't really have any rules. So there!"
Image

ElijahSnowFan
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1843
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 63 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:11 pm

chap22 wrote:Reasonable answer. Just don't forget about it.


Man, Orion's been in it. I absolutely will not forget. :-D :-D :-D
Image

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34451
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Put it this way: if my second-year composition students did it consistently I would not give them a passing grade. This is especially true if they answered me with, "Well, I think I'm right. And English doesn't really have any rules. So there!"


But English doesn't have rules that can't be changed. We're not French.

If Cormac McCarthy can write whole books without punctuation, I can do this.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Punchy wrote:
But English doesn't have rules that can't be changed. We're not French.

If Cormac McCarthy can write whole books without punctuation, I can do this.

Oh sure, you can do it. Doesn't make it any less wrong, though.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34451
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

chap22 wrote:Oh sure, you can do it. Doesn't make it any less wrong, though.


You all suck.

Bunch of nitpicking bastiches.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm

chap22 wrote:Speaking of, does ANYBODY know if we're getting any more issues of Danger Club anytime soon (or ever)???? I'm beginning to really despair...

Seriously, somebody needs to answer this. Anybody know anything?

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Another great issue.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

landryqwalker
Faster Pussycat
 
Posts: 1
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:23 pm


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby landryqwalker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm

chap22 wrote:Seriously, somebody needs to answer this. Anybody know anything?


No need for despair. The 6th issue is drawn and Eric is working on 7 while Rusty is working on the colors. The delay is painful and frustrating, but the book is still being worked on and will be released.

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14802
Likes: 4055 posts
Liked in: 573 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby HNutz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:57 pm

dairydead wrote:
I've always been taught that a singular company, while a group of people, is in fact singular. Its in the way you phrase it, like "folks in Marvel are great", but when you refer to the individual company as a whole, it is just one single thing. Its interesting because saying something like "Marvel are great" sounds weird to me. :smt102

" but it still did a good job at setting up how big of a threat the Crime Syndicate are" was what i saw in this review, specifically.

I assume its regional or whatever, because i see where you're coming from.


I'm on the same page.

"Marvel Comics" is one company. So I would say "Marvel is..."
Just because it ends in an S doesn't mean it's plural. "Warner Brothers" and "Eros" should have an "is", not an "are".

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Forever Evil #2 (A better rat trap Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm

landryqwalker wrote:
No need for despair. The 6th issue is drawn and Eric is working on 7 while Rusty is working on the colors. The delay is painful and frustrating, but the book is still being worked on and will be released.

Awesome news, thanks Landry! Love the book...you guys are just knocking it out of the park.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], PaulSebert, Yahoo [Bot] and 120 guests

Advertisement