Advertisement

Forever Evil #1 Fuck Chap spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Forever Evil #1 Fuck Chap spoilers

Postby chap22 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Eli Katz wrote:No Chap rant, yet. Disappointed!

I would have to give a fuck about anything DC's doing these days to go on a rant. Let me check....

Wonder Woman, Flash, Earth-2. Beyond that...?

Nope! Zero fucks given!

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 355 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

chap22 wrote:I would have to give a fuck about anything DC's doing these days to go on a rant. Let me check....

Wonder Woman, Flash, Earth-2. Beyond that...?

Nope! Zero fucks given!

I hear next issue will feature Nightwing and anal beads.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 315 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Punchy wrote:So, the big event of the New 52 era begins, and I’m sure that DC will get more shit about how dark and grim this book is, but really, this is a story where the Justice League are ‘dead’ and the world has been conquered by their villainous counterparts and all the other villains. It should be fucking dark.

But it would actually be impressive if there was much of a contrast between the before and the after. The DCnU was already dark and grim, so this isn't all that much different.

Speaking of revelations, the CSA unmask Nightwing live on TV, so the whole world knows he’s Dick Grayson. I find this an intriguing revelation in a lot of ways

Are you new here??

Let me put it this way: Do the denizens of the Marvel Universe still know who Spider-Man really is?? "No", you say?? HUH.

Given that example, don't expect the dazzling revelation of Nightwing's identity to remain revealed, either.

The issue ends with Ultraman moving the Moon to block out the sun, which is once again, a great demonstration of the size of what our heroes are up against.

Glad you're so easily impressed, Punchy. But I, for one, have a working brain, and thus, I'm not impressed.

Unless he's going to stay up there and keep the Moon shading the Earth, the planet and the Moon are going to move out of position, and once again Earth will feel the Sun's rays. Everyone -- and by "everyone", I mostly mean Geoff himself -- DOES realize that the Earth revolves around the Sun and the Moon revolves around the Earth instead of remaining in place, right??

But hey, it doesn't matter if something doesn't make "sense" even in a comic-book manner, as long as it "looks kewl!", right?? Just when I thought that Geoff's ideas couldn't get any more inane... :roll:

But who are our heroes? It looks like Lex Luthor is going to lead a bunch of villains in rebellion against the CSA until the real good guys come back, which should be interesting. I know Geoff Johns’ villain-boner is a bit ridiculous, but hopefully he’s getting it all out of his system here, and we can all move on.

Riiiiiight. Like he got it out of his system with the Sinestro Corps War??
Or with Black Adam??
Or with Emoboy Prime??

And in the meantime, we can enjoy a big dumb event with lots of crazy shit happening. I’m down for that.

Yes, you seem to be down for many dumb things. Interesting... :P

Forever Evil has gotten off to a good start, let’s hope Johns can keep it up, and this is more of a Sinestro Corps War than a Blackest Night, he’s got to do a good job, this is as I said, the first big DC event since Flashpoint, they need to make it count.

Yes. If it doesn't "count", then the crossover that this crossover inevitably leads into will REALLY have to "count"... :shock:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Herald wrote:Unless he's going to stay up there and keep the Moon shading the Earth, the planet and the Moon are going to move out of position, and once again Earth will feel the Sun's rays. Everyone -- and by "everyone", I mostly mean Geoff himself -- DOES realizes that the Earth revolves around the Sun and the Moon rotates around the Earth instead of remaining in place

That was my thought when I read that. Ultraman can move the moon there, yeah I can believe that with that sort of character, but how is he going to keep it there with out having to constantly be up there holding the moon in an eclipse position?

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:58 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Yes.

Because the first he heard of this was when he read his own copy of this comic on Wednesday.

Yeah. The first he heard of this was when Rich Johnson broke the rumor a few weeks ago.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 348 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Herald wrote:Unless he's going to stay up there and keep the Moon shading the Earth, the planet and the Moon are going to move out of position, and once again Earth will feel the Sun's rays. Everyone -- and by "everyone", I mostly mean Geoff himself -- DOES realize that the Earth revolves around the Sun and the Moon revolves around the Earth instead of remaining in place, right??

It's theoretically possible that U-Man could, if strong enough, move the moon out of Earth orbit into Sun orbit in the L1 position (see the animation here for what this looks like). But even if he did so, the Moon is not large enough to shade the entire surface of the earth at once. Even with the moon much closer than L1 to us (and thus larger), a solar eclipse only shades a small portion of the earth's surface at a given time (about 250 km, or about 155 miles, across).

I've seen estimates that to shade the entire earth, one would need to place a larger-than-earth sized object in the L1 position. The Moon is just not big enough. If they wanted to get it close, they could have had U-Man move Venus into the L1 position. But that would have taken... what... 10 whole minutes on Google for Johns to figure out (which is about how long it took me, starting with a Google for 'what would happen if an eclipse was permanent').

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 219 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:10 am

Chessack wrote:
It's theoretically possible that U-Man could, if strong enough, move the moon out of Earth orbit into Sun orbit in the L1 position (see the animation here for what this looks like). But even if he did so, the Moon is not large enough to shade the entire surface of the earth at once. Even with the moon much closer than L1 to us (and thus larger), a solar eclipse only shades a small portion of the earth's surface at a given time (about 250 km, or about 155 miles, across).

I've seen estimates that to shade the entire earth, one would need to place a larger-than-earth sized object in the L1 position. The Moon is just not big enough. If they wanted to get it close, they could have had U-Man move Venus into the L1 position. But that would have taken... what... 10 whole minutes on Google for Johns to figure out (which is about how long it took me, starting with a Google for 'what would happen if an eclipse was permanent').

if he did this wouldnt there be mass floods because of the effect the moon has on gravity and even interfere with its axis?

moving the moon is just.....i'm not even a scientist and that stand out to me so much.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 348 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 am

Yes, Fieldy... moving the Moon at all in its orbit would have massive impacts on the earth, because the Moon affects tides. Hell it technically yanks on the earth's crust a little as well, though not in any way we can directly feel or see while on the surface, so you'd have not only floods and tidal issues but probably earthquakes as well.

And you would have even bigger tidal impacts on the Earth if he had moved Venus out of its normal orbit into the L1 position.

BUT...

If Johns had written the story to have U-Man move Venus from its orbit into L1 and shade the whole earth, I'd at least have some respect for the fact that the man did a little tiny bit of homework and tried to make the story at least approach being believable. The Moon does not work for what he seems to have been trying to do.

Though again, I have not read it... so I am assuming he has it shading the whole earth, not just one spot on the earth. I assume that because, well, moving the whole moon in its orbit just to shade an area the size of West Virginia doesn't seem very earth-shakingly evil (in fact it sounds kinda stupid on U-Man's part), so I have assumed Johns has the shading effect fill the entire surface of the planet. But maybe not. If someone could clarify I'd appreciate it.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Yes.

Because the first he heard of this was when he read his own copy of this comic on Wednesday.

Probably not, but the idea that this move happened without consulting him or anybody writing or editing the Batman books wouldn't be a surprise, either. Johns has a history of doing s**t being other creator's back. (i.e. Mark Waid)

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 355 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 am

You're truly a moron.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand