Advertisement

Forever Evil #5 (Host irreparably damaged Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 317 posts

Re: Forever Evil #5 (Host irreparably damaged Spoilers)

Postby GHERU » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 am

yes
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 am

syxxpakk wrote:Accidentally posted this comment in the Earth 2 thread: Based on the first Justice League FE tie-in and Darkseid #1, I'm going to guess Darkseid is the big bad.

*Yawn*

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:54 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I'll repost what I said in the preview thread: The way we're up to #5 of 7 already and the Injustice League is still barely assembled and they keep throwing more shit like the being that ran off the Syndicate appearing.....I can't help but feel we're on the verge of another ending that'll just bridge this into the next event.

Or this will be a mess as Johns tries to wrap everything up in 3 issues with more hotshot writing like a comic book Vince Russo.

That become a problem with Johns. He works so much on the buildup, then has a limited time for a satisfying climax.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:06 am

Juan Cena wrote:

That become a problem with Johns. He works so much on the buildup, then has a limited time for a satisfying climax.

:groucho:

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 317 posts

Postby GHERU » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 am

Juan Cena wrote:

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 350 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Or this will be a mess as Johns tries to wrap everything up in 3 issues with more hotshot writing like a comic book Vince Russo.

Johns does seem to have a weakness for finishing stories. I haven't read a lot of his work, but with what I have read, for the stories that do have a climax, rather than acting as a bridge to the next event, such as the very first JL story arc, the climaxes have been rushed and unsatisfying. So I would say that there is even money between "this event leads to another summer blockbuster event leads to the next "zero month" event", and "this one ends here but feels rushed and unsatisfying." Right now I'm not sure which will happen, but I suspect it will be one or the other.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 407 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 am

nietoperz wrote:Image

That really is pretty blatant, isn't it?

My first thought was that it was the Nexus Ribbon from Star Trek: Generations

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 67 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:47 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I'll repost what I said in the preview thread: The way we're up to #5 of 7 already and the Injustice League is still barely assembled and they keep throwing more shit like the being that ran off the Syndicate appearing.....I can't help but feel we're on the verge of another ending that'll just bridge this into the next event.

Or this will be a mess as Johns tries to wrap everything up in 3 issues with more hotshot writing like a comic book Vince Russo.

Think about how much more used to be in 5 issues of anything...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:17 pm

More ? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what the folks above posted but aren't they saying that Johns has put so much into this so far that they think he won't have time to resolve it all ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:42 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:More ? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what the folks above posted but aren't they saying that Johns has put so much into this so far that they think he won't have time to resolve it all ?

Yeah but what he's put into Forever Evil is a lot of formulaic character development/filler without doing much of anything to develop the plot in any significant way.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 221 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:More ? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what the folks above posted but aren't they saying that Johns has put so much into this so far that they think he won't have time to resolve it all ?

More like the same stuff being rehashed from #1 hasn't gone anywhere and now he introduces another big bad into mix when the story hasn't even come close to moving past the groundwork stage.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 pm

The Beast wrote:
Yeah but what he's put into Forever Evil is a lot of formulaic character development/filler without doing much of anything to develop the plot in any significant way.

He's how I'm predicting the last 2 issues to go:

#6: a philosophical debate between Batman and Luthor where at the end they finally put aside their differences and go to confront the Society
#7: the fight finally comes, the Society are too distracted by the red ribbon and are defeated easily. the Justice League may or may not be freed from the Firestorm Matrix by now, depends on page count limitations. Injustice league beats the Society, the new villain comes out for a cliffhanger ending with the last panel saying "TO BE CONTINUED IN: THE FIRST CRISIS (TECHNICALLY THE FIRST IN THE NEW 52) WE PROMISE".

And on this board IvcnuB4 will respond to the criticism with "Y U H8 DC?"

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:01 pm

I know that Trinity War led to Forever Evil and Rise of the Third Army led to Wrath of the First Lantern, but what other times has Johns done that?

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:05 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I know that Trinity War led to Forever Evil and Rise of the Third Army led to Wrath of the First Lantern, but what other times has Johns done that?

It's basically what he's done every GL event except now he has carte blanche to do the same across the entire DC line :lol:

At least in Infinite Crisis he resolved his stories before he gave us the epilogues advertising the next events he was writing. But that was about 10 years ago.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 pm

That sounds like two different things though.

Sinestro Corps laid the groundwork for the various Rings, but it didn't lead directly into Blackest Night. I can understand the complaint of Trinity War immediately followed by Forever Evil. But to complain that Sinestro Corps War set up Blackest Night seems ridiculous.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand