Wednesday, April 25, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fraction's Hawkeye and Thompson's Hawkeye

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Hawkeye #16, which came out last week, was the final issue of the current series. I feel it's a shame too because I felt that Kelly Thompson's series was first since Fraction's Hawkeye ended to capture the feeling that Fraction gave his series.

I miss Fraction's Hawkeye and I now I'm going to miss Thompson's Hawkeye.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:11 am

I'll take my Busiek Hawkeye over your Fraction/Thompson Hawkguy any day. :-D

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:43 am

I feel like, as strong as Fraction's work was in the beginning, it became more hit or miss towards the end, presumably due to Aja's difficulties with deadlines.

Then there was the issue with the dogs and the holidays... :smt011

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 am

Stephen Day wrote:Hawkeye #16, which came out last week, was the final issue of the current series. I feel it's a shame too because I felt that Kelly Thompson's series was first since Fraction's Hawkeye ended to capture the feeling that Fraction gave his series.

I miss Fraction's Hawkeye and I now I'm going to miss Thompson's Hawkeye.

Never got into Thompson's Hawkeye, did like Fraction's. I miss Gruenwald's Hawkeye. :-(

jephd

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jephd » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:38 pm

I actually really liked Lemire's Hawkeye (the only run between fraction and thompson) too. Marvel has been on a winning run with the title creatively since the launch of Fractions series.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Thompson ran into the same problem that Lemire did...Clint screws up but he's not a fuck up. He's the second best leader of the Avengers of all time, has an awesome support system of close friends, is the best marksman of the marvel universe and is probably behind Ben Grimm and Wolverine for characters that if you're friends with will do anything for you if you ask it. (Don't argue the tough guy nonsense with Logan, that fucker does literally anything for his friends)

Anyways, Lemire and Thompson take every moment to knock Clint constantly to build Kate up which the direct opposite of what you do to properly build a legacy character. Hell the girl flat out kidnapped his dog, what kind of sociopath does that?!

It's weird because the generations one shot was so good but man is the over all book just such a downer because of how much time they spend going "she's the best hawkeye" even though she screws up way more than he does.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 am

Yeah, I can't really see those runs making any more Clint Barton fans.

leave a comment with facebook