Advertisement

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #9 (More than us Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #9 (More than us Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Jeff Lemire wraps up his run on Frankenstein with a fun little story that ties in with his other DCU title, Animal Man. Frank and Nina are put on the trail of Buddy Baker and his family because of all the crazy shit that’s been happening in that book, and they run into the dead body of that cop who was taken over by the Rot, who is now a creepy spider thing. Frankenstein’s fight with the Rot creatures was excellent, I just love the character’s over-the-top portentous dialogue, and even though you knew it was coming, ‘I AM FRANKENSTEIN!’ was still fucking awesome. It was just cool to see the events of Animal Man spill over into another title, and I hope that whenever the big story with that book and Swamp Thing kicks off, that Frankenstein is also involved. I’ve enjoyed Lemire’s run on this book, it’s been a lot of fun, with plenty of over the top insanity, but also some real heartfelt emotions. It’s the closest in tone to his creator owned work that he’s come to with his DCU stuff. I look forward to seeing what Matt Kindt can bring to this title, let’s hope it gets even crazier.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #9 (More than us Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 13, 2012 7:31 pm

I don't know if I truly liked this issue to tell the truth. Animal Man and Frankenstein, while similar, still have different feels to them with Frankenstein being campier than Animal Man. The different feels to the two series really became clear with this issue. I'm used to seeing the Rot with Animal Man's edgier tone and I don't think the concept meshed that well with the way Lemire writes Frankenstein. I didn't hate this issue, but I didn't love it either.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand