Advertisement

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #5 (Strange, Large Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #5 (Strange, Large Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 am

I don’t read OMAC so I only really got half of the story here, but I enjoyed it all the same, even if, from my perspective, Frankenstein just attacked a big blue dude for no reason. The fight was well done and Lemire managed to use it to further his own storylines, so we get a deepening distrust between Frankenstein and Father Time, as well as a re-iteration that ‘the world is getting weirder’ and that’s why SHADE is better than Checkmate. I continue to really like the strange dichotomies in Frank’s character, he has a bloodlust and wants to chop shit up with his sword, but he also has a deep melancholy within him, it’s a different take on this sort of super-strong character and it’s very interesting. Oh yeah, and should also mention the very cool comparison of Frank saying ‘Father’ and OMAC saying ‘Brother’, it made for a great moment. Maybe I’ll try and find a copy of OMAC #5 to get the full story, but I doubt it, Didio scares me away.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand