Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #5 (Strange, Large Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 am

I don’t read OMAC so I only really got half of the story here, but I enjoyed it all the same, even if, from my perspective, Frankenstein just attacked a big blue dude for no reason. The fight was well done and Lemire managed to use it to further his own storylines, so we get a deepening distrust between Frankenstein and Father Time, as well as a re-iteration that ‘the world is getting weirder’ and that’s why SHADE is better than Checkmate. I continue to really like the strange dichotomies in Frank’s character, he has a bloodlust and wants to chop shit up with his sword, but he also has a deep melancholy within him, it’s a different take on this sort of super-strong character and it’s very interesting. Oh yeah, and should also mention the very cool comparison of Frank saying ‘Father’ and OMAC saying ‘Brother’, it made for a great moment. Maybe I’ll try and find a copy of OMAC #5 to get the full story, but I doubt it, Didio scares me away.

leave a comment with facebook