Advertisement

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #2 (The Egg Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #2 (The Egg Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:09 am

I love this book, it’s just so weird and different. From Frankenstein punching out a Nun to the real back-story behind the monster-invasion, this was just a whole heap of strange fun. But there’s depth behind the craziness. Frankenstein is a melancholy character with a lot of sadness behind him, and Lemire is developing real characters for the Creature Commandoes. Nina Mazursky’s origin was very sad. The artwork from Alberto Ponticelli is very scratchy, but very suitable for the tone and the writer, as it looks a lot like Lemire’s own artwork. Next issue looks like a real belter, Frankenstein and the gang take on a whole planet of monsters, awesome.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #2 (The Egg Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Agreed, it's been a fun series so far. I agree with you about Nina's origin.

I loved the last page -- "What took you so long!"

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand