Advertisement

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #11 (The refuse of humanity Spo

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #11 (The refuse of humanity Spo

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 am

Matt Kindt has done a really good job at stepping onto this book and maintaining its increasingly weird tone. I love the idea of ‘Leviathan’ the SHADE retirement community located inside of a giant whale-monster, it’s just so out there. Although, is it just me or are there too many Leviathans in comics these days? There’s the ones in Secret Warriors, Batman Inc, The Unwritten and now this book! Leviathan-overload! Alongside the madness, Kindt keeps the focus on character, and on Frankenstein in particular, as he struggles with who he is, and his monstrous nature, reminding us that Frankenstein is not his name, his name is ‘It’ or ‘The Monster’. I loved the little insert panels of the lives of his various parts before he died, it’s a great technique and it adds a lot of mystery and also sadness to the character. I wonder if we’ll be given more details about these scenes, or if they’ll remain cryptic? Ponticelli does his usual solid job on art, but it’s even more impressive when you consider he had an issue of Animal Man out last week!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #11 (The refuse of humanity

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 pm

I liked the idea of Leviathan too. In fact all of the new places introduced within the last few issues have been really cool -- I loved Untropolis as well. The neat new and strange places is one of the big things that has made this series a real treat to read so far.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Max Blyss
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 0 post
Title: -The Juice Machine-

Postby Max Blyss » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 am

Frank's expository dialogue and random flights of quotation and poetry are reasons to read this book all by themselves.

While I actually am reading a few books right now, this is one of only three that I get excited about every single month.
...They Don't think it be like it is, but it do.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:32 am

Leviathan is one of two Old Testament references that comic writers just love to use and re-use.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand