Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Fury of Firestorm as Written by Jurgens

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:41 am

I'm just curious about whether or not I'm alone in thinking that Fury of Firestorm is one of DC's most improved series over the past few months. For it's first few months I was buying this series because I really like both Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch as characters and I was hoping for an improvement. Now days, I love what Dan Jergens is doing with this series. The current storyline dealing with Dr. Megala and his organization (which seems to have wrapped up with this week's issue #16) was the most fun I've had reading a Firestorm story in a good while.

I hope Jergens continues to write this series for awhile. I know looking at the sales levels that Fury of Firestorm probably won't last long term -- one can hope though.
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 pm

We can only hope, bro.
User avatar

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Do you mean Jurgens?

I imagine a Firestorm comic written by Jergens would involve Ronnie and Jason constantly interrupting the action to put some lotion on their hands.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Since Jurgens has taken over the tone has shifted back to what most long-time Firestorm fans will appreciate. It's super-heroics with a lighter twist. This week's issue came across, to me at least, as some very groan-worthy dialogue. Curious as to what others thought about it.
User avatar

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Proving that making new versions of everyone want dcs greatest plan
I was looking forward to flame tops brightest day story. Not meant to be I guess
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm

MrBlack wrote:Do you mean Jurgens?

I imagine a Firestorm comic written by Jergens would involve Ronnie and Jason constantly interrupting the action to put some lotion on their hands.


Dammit, sorry brain fart in spelling the name on my part. I even had the comic out when I was starting this thread so that I could see his name on the cover to make sure I wasn't misspelling it. :oops:
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Dammit, sorry brain fart in spelling the name on my part. I even had the comic out when I was starting this thread so that I could see his name on the cover to make sure I wasn't misspelling it. :oops:


So you DIDN'T mean Jergens?

"Holy crap, Professor Stein! That villain, the Weather Man, has caused my skin to get all dry and cracked!"

"Don't worry, Ronnie! Simply use your powers to create this: it's the chemical formula for Jergens Natural Glow lotion! It's the best way to moisturize AND soften! It's a great way to more beautiful skin!"

"It worked! My skin feels better then it ever has! Thanks, professor!"

"Don't thank me, my boy; thank Jergens Natural Glow!"
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:55 am

Lord Simian wrote:
So you DIDN'T mean Jergens?

"Holy crap, Professor Stein! That villain, the Weather Man, has caused my skin to get all dry and cracked!"

"Don't worry, Ronnie! Simply use your powers to create this: it's the chemical formula for Jergens Natural Glow lotion! It's the best way to moisturize AND soften! It's a great way to more beautiful skin!"

"It worked! My skin feels better then it ever has! Thanks, professor!"

"Don't thank me, my boy; thank Jergens Natural Glow!"


Yeah, I'm keeping the misspelling in place now. :lol:

Well, at least in the OP, I'm changing the thread title to the correct spelling.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:49 am

I'm really enjoying Firestorm - Jurgens has captured the feel of the early issues of the 80s FoF. Definitely one of DC's best titles, just hope it lasts.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am

MrBlack wrote:Do you mean Jurgens?

He's Canadian. If you can't add a U you change it
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 am

I've enjoyed it considerably. Though I wonder about what'll happen with Captain Atom after #15.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm

One aspect of him is still in the time-stream as Captain Adym from Legion Lost. But when he "shattered" it looked like several pieces of him were scattered. I wonder of we'll see more iterations of him popping up in the Nu52 ?
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:One aspect of him is still in the time-stream as Captain Adym from Legion Lost. But when he "shattered" it looked like several pieces of him were scattered. I wonder of we'll see more iterations of him popping up in the Nu52 ?


It's an interesting thought and I hope that DC actually does something like that.
User avatar

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:55 pm

sdsichero wrote:He's Canadian. If you can't add a U you change it

lol no doubt aboot it
but seriously, big fan of Jurgens, even though the JLI was a smelly turd. Hope he can salvage a bad idea for this book.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IvCNuB4 and 34 guests