Advertisement

Gambit #14 (All those boy wizard books Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Gambit #14 (All those boy wizard books Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:56 am

I’ve said before that the best thing about this series is that everything’s connected, that everything Gambit gets up to has consequences. And so it is with this issue. After getting mixed up with Pete Wisdom and MI:13 back in issues 6 and 7, Gambit is drawn back into that world and forced to do a mission for Wisdom.

In this case it’s retrieving a stolen book of magic that was stolen from Wisdom after he had a one-night stand. Being British, I’m a sucker for superhero stories set in my country, and it was a lot of fun seeing Gambit back in the UK and arguing with Wisdom. Their antagonism is a lot of fun. The actual fight between Gambit and the ‘Death Reaper’ was a bit silly really, but I did like how Gambit ended up solving the problem. His natural charm and attractiveness caused a bunch of fairies (or whatever) to protect him from the villain and chase her off. He then stuck around in Avalon to fight some monsters, get knighted and (presumably) shag some hot fairies. Asmus has a really good handle on Gambit and I love how he has him solve problems in a very unique way. He’s the only superhero who will flirt his way in and out of danger.

Koi Pham provided the art for this issue, and he used a very different, much looser style than normal. I’m not sure whether I liked it or not, at times it looked nice and expressive, and at others just rushed and amateurish, an odd look really.

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 395 posts

Re: Gambit #14 (All those boy wizard books Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:47 pm

So Gambit now has Fairy-herpes by this point? :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand