Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Generation Hope #13 (Rabid Hump-Puppet Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I was a little worried about this book once I heard Kieron Gillen was leaving, and even considered dropping it with #12, but I picked this one up to give new writer James Asmus a chance, and I’m glad I did because this issue was really good. Asmus has a good handle on all of the various characters, and does a good job of continuing what Gillen was doing, whilst also giving it a bit more humour, such as the scenes between Teon and the Stepford Cuckoos and Kenji’s falling in love with Martha Johannson, the brain floating in a jar. That was just a great moment, and it really lived up to the kind of weirdness Grant Morrison proved could be done in mutant books. The artwork from Ibraim Roberson was really good, it reminded me of Ariel Olivetti before he got too crazy with the computer and started using Unreal Tournament levels as backgrounds. Oh yeah, and most of the team got blown up by a suicide bomber on the last page, I should have mentioned that.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:06 pm

I like this book and yet, after every issue, all I can think about is how much more I'd like this book if it starred characters who I actually cared about ... I mean, I think you could throw a rock and hit 20 X-characters more interesting than the most interesting Gen Hope character.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:18 pm

I had no idea this book was still being published. I thought it was a five issue mini.

The first issue of it stunk.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:01 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I like this book and yet, after every issue, all I can think about is how much more I'd like this book if it starred characters who I actually cared about ... I mean, I think you could throw a rock and hit 20 X-characters more interesting than the most interesting Gen Hope character.

well pixie is in it now and she's at least somewhat interesting.. its telling when they took the most interesting character from this book and took her all the way across the country with Wolverine.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Yep. Idie was pretty much the only character I felt would have any sort of shelf life away from this book ... and lo and behold, they took her away from this book. :lol:

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:13 pm

suffice to say this group of kids doesn't hold a candle to the last 'generation' in New X-Men

leave a comment with facebook