Advertisement

Generation Hope #11 (Stupid Rock Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Generation Hope #11 (Stupid Rock Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

I read this before I read Schism #4, so the timelines were a bit squiffy, but I enjoyed this nonetheless. It was interesting to see the cracks forming in the team, and Laurie and Hope’s fight was interesting in a way that most inter-team squabbles aren’t, it really felt like the stakes were real. I also really liked how Gillen brought in some of the other teenage X-Men. Just like Prodigy I had wondered why the GH gang hadn’t been fraternising with the other students, so it was cool to see them. In amongst all this seriousness Gillen managed to get in some levity too, with some funny dialogue, especially between Velocidad and Pixie, and Tim Seeley’s art looked great. I’m not sure if next issue will be my last or not, is James Asmus any good? I’m really only reading this book for Kieron Gillen.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 618 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Generation Hope #11 (Stupid Rock Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

Asmus did the Negative Zone story in the Annuals right?? he wrote a very good Hope during that..

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand