Wednesday, June 1, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Geoff Johns On Hawkman' In 'Justice League Of America'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Usually I'd say yes but the Geoff Johns version from a few years back was AWESOME. Geoff Johns used to be a fantastic writer but he's lost a lot of what, at least I think, we used to love about him.

Johns's Hawkman run was ok. now, the Graymiotti run which immediately followed it...THAT was awesome.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

The other Hawkman I read was in Wednesday Comics, I think. I wish someone would get that newsprint format running again. I hate all this modern thin-ass glossy shit they use to accommodate all the digital fudgery these day.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
That's only a whisper compared to how he totally f**ked over Fantastic Four.

DeFalco's Thor.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Chesscub wrote:
DeFalco's Thor.

Not to mention his Thunderstrike.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 pm

ive said it before I'll say it again - Hawkman had a hot storyline coming out of Brightest day, which was really a 2-year story considering it started at the start of blackest night... and they threw it all away for this?

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 pm

holtom2000 wrote:ive said it before I'll say it again - Hawkman had a hot storyline coming out of Brightest day, which was really a 2-year story considering it started at the start of blackest night... and they threw it all away for this?

They tossed out a lot of great story ideas for this trainwreck.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

chap22 wrote:Johns's Hawkman run was ok. now, the Graymiotti run which immediately followed it...THAT was awesome.

Yea but he fixed Hawkman as a character. Plus he used him fantastically well in JSA

leave a comment with facebook