Tuesday, November 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gerry Conway Calls DC Jerks For Not Crediting Comics Creators On Titans

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Gerry Conway Calls DC Jerks For Not Crediting Comics Creators On Titans

"Do the right thing. Stop being jerks. Because this is jerk behavior."

Source: Twitter

On October 12, DC Universe premiered Titans and shortly after, Gerry Conway, co-creator of such characters as Jason ToddThe Punisher, and Power Girl, had some strong words for DC regarding giving comic creators credit on the TV show.

Jerry Ordway, artist on many DC titles including SupermanCrisis On Infinite Earths, and All-Star Squadron, weighed in on the situation as well.

Conway also called out Geoff Johns and is waiting on him to speak out.

Conway says that most pros agree with him but are afraid to lose work over speaking out. Luckily, he's retired.

Meanwhile, if you want a good Titans show that credits the creators, might we suggest Teen Titans Go! To the Movies?

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Not really that surprised.

Just look at Bill Finger up till a few years ago.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:36 pm

"Meanwhile, if you want a good Titans show", then maybe you shouldn't be wasting your time with the shitstain currently airing on DC Universe.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 pm

It's one of those comic book things sadly.

If a novel ever gets a film adaptation they always credit the actual author, not the actual publisher of the novels.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Conway watches Titans

"Uhhh… Maybe it's better to not have their names on it…"

:P

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:Not really that surprised.

Just look at Bill Finger up till a few years ago.

And even then, it's a "with" after Bob Kane's name.

sdsichero wrote:Conway watches Titans

"Uhhh… Maybe it's better to not have their names on it…"

DC should pay them to KEEP their names OFF it.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Nice of Gerry Conway to remember Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani (not to mention Nick Cardy) in his tweet.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Conway says that most pros agree with him but are afraid to lose work over speaking out.

Yet some go on Twitter and don't know when to shut up, & i don't mean Conway

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:09 am

No, Jerry, the TV/film credits thing didn't come in with Geoff Johns, it came in with Superman the movie in 1978, and has been in ever since. Don't know who finally gave Bill Finger the credit, but I doubt it was Johns, he just doesn't seem the type. Or Didio for that matter.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am

achilles wrote: Don't know who finally gave Bill Finger the credit,

The judge

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Bianco wrote:
The judge

Maybe, but it was Bob Kane that gave Bill Finger the finger.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 pm

"(Johns) is also an Executive Producer on the show, which in TV could mean anything; at the least he should be a loud voice for creator credit"

Honestly, I don't know why some people think that Johns is some kind of "paragon" of comic book creators' rights. He's just a self-centered asshole who only caters to his flawed vision of DC's intellectual properties.

Although the TV show features characters created by Wolfman and Perez, they should feel glad for not having their names associated with this crap. As for Johns, I wish him good luck in his race to add one more shitty adaptation of a DC intellectual property under his producer belt.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Spacedog wrote:"(Johns) is also an Executive Producer on the show, which in TV could mean anything; at the least he should be a loud voice for creator credit"

Honestly, I don't know why some people think that Johns is some kind of "paragon" of comic book creators' rights. He's just a self-centered asshole who only caters to his flawed vision of DC's intellectual properties.

Although the TV show features characters created by Wolfman and Perez, they should feel glad for not having their names associated with this crap. As for Johns, I wish him good luck in his race to add one more shitty adaptation of a DC intellectual property under his producer belt.

Seriously guys, cut it out! :smt013 You're going to cut into my positive edge on likes... :x :lol:

Yeah, though, this. Sounds like Johns to a "T". But not a Mr. T, who is far cooler.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:48 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

I think you're being too nice.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Bianco wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

I think you're being too nice.

Dammit, what did I tell you guys! :smt013

leave a comment with facebook