Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gerry Conway Starts Blog to Ensure DC Pays Creators

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

When is "Fair Trade" going to step in?

Have comic book creators considered starting a coffee plantation in South America?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

LoatheMe wrote:I mean sure it sucks that DC was surely just hoping that most people would just not bother to take a few minutes to fill out this form so they could save themselves some money, but if you knew about it and just couldn't be bothered, but now are suddenly regretting it because there's suddenly money involved that you never thought would be? C'mon. Take some responsibility for yourself.

I doubt most creators even know about it. Conway only even knew they were using his characters in Arrow because fans let him know. So are DC creators obligated to watch every product Warner Bros. puts out in case one of their creations is used in it so they can file a form? Or otherwise go back through through their entire multiple-decades work history looking for any characters they created?

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Conway wrote my favourite jlofa stories. He's now my hero. I hope fans help out the creators

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 am

I'd love it if Al Milgrim filled out the paperwork back then and is getting a royalty on this utterly forgettable character. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook