Advertisement

Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JLA #4]

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JL

Postby e_galston » Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 am

GHERU wrote:yea, but didn't she have a fake heart during that?

this is from the wiki entry about catwoman, for that storyline (Heart of Hush)

In Detective Comics #848 (November 2008), Hush attacks Selina as she is in her apartment, kidnapping her and surgically removing her heart. She is delivered anonymously to a Gotham hospital. Batman receives word of her situation, and while he goes in search of Hush, he leaves Selina in the care of Doctor Mid-Nite, who is considered the superhero community's chief doctor.

Batman recovers her heart, and Dr. Mid-Nite restores it to her body; however, the doctor also makes a prognosis on whether she can still return to her former life swinging through rooftops. While Selina is still in a coma, she encounters Zatanna, who apologizes for not warning her about Hush. She tells Selina that she was so happy about her relationship with Bruce that she ignored the other warnings in the cards. Zatanna gives her a little bottle supposedly containing aloe vera for her post-op scars. It is hinted that there is a little magic in there to help Selina with her recovery.

so i don't think she had a fake heart, she was just kept on life support by Dr. Mid-Nite until Batman found her actual heart

Advertisement

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

Course she's not dead. That might mean something interesting and permanent might happen to drive the pathos forward. I look forward to Catwoman continuing in her role for the next 70 years!

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed May 29, 2013 11:59 am

e_galston wrote:
this is from the wiki entry about catwoman, for that storyline (Heart of Hush)

so i don't think she had a fake heart, she was just kept on life support by Dr. Mid-Nite until Batman found her actual heart

Pretty much the technology Hush used to make sure Selina's heart continued beating was working with Mr. Freeze and creating a technology to freeze the heart enough but keep it alive and functional. Of course Selina paid back Hush big time after the story too.

Taking away the one thing he loved the most: his family fortune. But see THAT was a good story. This seems Countdown to Infinite Crisis redeux.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Zechs wrote:

Pretty much the technology Hush used to make sure Selina's heart continued beating was working with Mr. Freeze and creating a technology to freeze the heart enough but keep it alive and functional. Of course Selina paid back Hush big time after the story too.

Taking away the one thing he loved the most: his family fortune. But see THAT was a good story. This seems Countdown to Infinite Crisis redeux.

You forgot the part where she tracked him down in Africa and had him tortured by a rhino afterwards. You don't want to ever piss of Selina ever.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Newsarama already has an article with several theories about this event
http://www.newsarama.com/17947-jla-4-s-shocking-cliffhanger-what-does-it-mean-spoilers.html
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Newsarama already has an article with several theories about this event
http://www.newsarama.com/17947-jla-4-s-shocking-cliffhanger-what-does-it-mean-spoilers.html

"What Does It Mean"?? :?

It means it's some sort of lame fake-out that will be explained next issue.

Come on, guys. The character has her own book. She ain't getting/staying deceased here. Like They Would Really Do It... :roll:

"Superman #429: Superman kicks the bucket again. Sure to be a collectors' item with stupid fans who actually think that DC Comics is going to kill off a character worth billions of dollars."
MAD

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Herald wrote:
"What Does It Mean"?? :?

It means it's some sort of lame fake-out that will be explained next issue.

Come on, guys. The character has her own book. She ain't getting/staying deceased here. Like They Would Really Do It... :roll:

"Superman #429: Superman kicks the bucket again. Sure to be a collectors' item with stupid fans who actually think that DC Comics is going to kill off a character worth billions of dollars."
MAD

This here. Even DC is not this stupid to kill off one of their best characters in this fashion.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Newsarama already has an article with several theories about this event

Not bad, actually. Then again, I haven't been reading JLofA. Or Catwoman.

But I could see it being a couple of those.

Arnoldo Acosta
FACEBOOKTron

Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JLA #4]

Postby Arnoldo Acosta » Wed May 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Meh!
this was either the martian or a fake Catwoman.
either way I didn't care much about this version of the character, her title has never been so bad.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu May 30, 2013 1:25 am

Don't most feminist fans hate the New 52 Catwoman because of her being too sexual? For her ridiculous posing? So surely they are glad she's dead!

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 am

Even if Catwoman is dead, there is always the Lazarus Pit backdoor.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 am

Punchy wrote:Don't most feminist fans hate the New 52 Catwoman because of her being too sexual? For her ridiculous posing? So surely they are glad she's dead!

Stop prodding the feminists!!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 am

Zero wrote:
Stop prodding the feminists!!

Some of 'em need a good prodding, amirite?!?

Jeremy Collins
FACEBOOKTron

Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JLA #4]

Postby Jeremy Collins » Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 am

this is why I haven't given a shit about dc comics since I was in high school 35 now which is sad cause supes brought me back in the beginning.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 10:56 am

draco x wrote:This here. Even DC is not this stupid to kill off one of their best characters in this fashion.

Are we talking about the same DC here? Don't we have a website dedicated to counting the number of days between the stupid things they have done? Trust me, everything that has happened in the past 2 years should be evidence enough to the fact that DC doesn't give a shit about their characters, they just want to make money. They might actually kill Catwoman because that will intrigue the speculators, new readers, and lapsed readers to buy this book and her book to see what happens next. It's not like they don't have other options. Hell, two months from now "fan-favorite" Harper Row could easily be the new Catwoman and the only people who would care are the actual fans who DC also doesn't really care about.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand