Friday, April 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JLA #4]

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 am

Get Ready For The Shitstorm: DC Edition [SPOILERS for JLA #4]

I think we can all agree that internet fanpeople will take this like the mature adults they are.

Source: What Just Happened To Catwoman??? (Massive Justice League Of America #4 Spoilers)

Let's talk about "Women in Refrigerators", the well-worn trope involving a hero's love interest (usually female) getting killed off in a shocking manner for the sole purpose of hurting a hero. While the trope and its merits (and definitions) have been debated over the years, "Women in Refrigerators" has become synonymous with gory, shock deaths.

At least, that was the OldDC’s meme but the fan(s) of NuDC have yet to discover just how strong female characters are to be dealt with. Well, wait no more:

BOOM HEAD SHOT!

The basic story, as told by BleedingCool and The Outhousers’ own BlueStreak, is that the Wade Wilson looking guy is Professor Ivo, the leader of The Secret Society Of Evil and in order to get Batman’s attention one of his minions (The Joker?) shoots Selena Kyle in the head.

Yes, it’s not permanent or “fer realz” considering Catwoman’s ongoing and DC’s long standing respect for its readers, especially female ones (ok, I made that last part up) but let’s not let that stop us from our righteous indignation. As my good buddy, Frank, would say:

DC BAD!

To consult on this issue, we bring in the Outhouse's Expert on Life, the Universe, and Everything In It, Miracle Max:

Outhouse:  What can you tell us about this surpising, shocking, and gruesome death?

Miracle Max: Well, you see, Catwoman is only MOSTLY dead. MOSTLY dead is SLIGHTLY ALIVE.

Fingers crossed.

There you go.  Enjoy Twitter, Tumblr, and wherever feels congregate.  This one is going to be annoying.  

Look, it isn't that we don't care that DC has brutally killed off a female character for the explicitly stated purpose of "getting the attention" of a male character, nor is it that this is almost certainly a publicity stunt that Selina will survive (if it's even really her). It's just that DC has done this sort of thing so often, we can't even bother to be offended, and, judging by the lukewarm reaction of the rest of the internet, neither can anyone...

FRANK! Put Selina's body down! You cannot salvage her parts for Bride of Frank!

No! Bad Frank! Now no one will like us.

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 am

yeah I can't imagine this will last to the last page of the comic in question or another issue...but I'm sure next month Wonder Woman will attempt to vote.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

I doubt this lasts until the end of July.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 am

Having just read the issue, what a piece of shit.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 am

but...but...death in comics is real!!! I mean...Damian Wayne just died a couple months ago, and there's NO WAY he's coming back. just ask fieldy...

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 am

It's horrible that only women get shot, maimed, or killed in comics and it's always permanent.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 am

Ivo builds androids.
Adds fake blood to look even more real.
Am I close, GS ? :wink:

Guess they weren't kidding with the teaser on the variant cover :-D

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 am

They should put her in a refrigerator to slow the bleeding.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 am

Meh.

I can't believe I said that, but then again it's back to hating DC again after GL last week.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed May 29, 2013 9:56 am

False Prophet wrote:It's horrible that only women get shot, maimed, or killed in comics and it's always permanent.

You'd think that someone who can bleed for seven days and not die would be a little more resilient.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 am

Where's the scene where her corpse is stuffed into a fridge?

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed May 29, 2013 10:26 am

Didn't she have her heart cut out of her awhile back? Or did that end with the old canon.

Unless they have been setting up someone for a replacement Catwoman, she'll be fine.

They could have really pissed off fans by shooting her in the sternum, leaving her hideously scarred thus unable to leave her costume unzipped to the naval. :P

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed May 29, 2013 10:40 am

Black_Orchid wrote:Didn't she have her heart cut out of her awhile back? Or did that end with the old canon.

Unless they have been setting up someone for a replacement Catwoman, she'll be fine.

They could have really pissed off fans by shooting her in the sternum, leaving her hideously scarred thus unable to leave her costume unzipped to the naval. :P

That was old canon, though it may or may not have happened since the majority of the Batman history stayed as is...

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 am

yea, but didn't she have a fake heart during that?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:47 am

Lord Ice wrote:

You'd think that someone who can bleed for seven days and not die would be a little more resilient.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook