Sunday, May 27, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC gets RAUNCHY!!! (possible spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:54 pm

if you actually read the issue instead of bitched about it, you would realize they are in a penthouse not on a rooftop..
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

My point still stands.
And since you know you can't refute that, you dwell on a detail.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Greg wrote:
Are you kidding me? Seeing someone impaled, eyes bursting from their heads, heads smooshed between doors, heart being pulled out, bullets through a skull multiple times, etc, is more acceptable than love making!


(Changes potential Kellen Lutz comic from a porno to a torture/ war comic.)
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Herald wrote:My point still stands.
And since you know you can't refute that, you dwell on a detail.


What is your point?
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm

The President wrote:
What is your point?


Re-read my last post in response to you.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Herald wrote:
Re-read my last post in response to you.


So because they showed them having sex you are outraged?

http://www.cracked.com/article_17626_th ... omics.html

Listen, be honest with yourself. We all know what this is all about. This is about your hatred of "Didio and the Gang." Don't pretend this is some sort of outrage at sex being depicted in a comic book when you are one of the prepubescent teen manga people.
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm

:roll:
The President wrote:
So because they showed them having sex you are outraged?


It wasn't necessary to see it on-panel.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17626_the-5-creepiest-sex-scenes-in-comics.html


And what do any of those have to do with Batman and Catwoman, pray tell??
They sure aren't on that list.

Heck, we didn't even see Superman and Barda do anything but kiss and cuddle, and we saw Mr. Miracle and Oberon's visual and verbal reactions to a tape. Again, we ASSUME whatever else happened, because anything else that happened occurred OFF-panel.

If anything, this is another example in MY favor, not yours. And why, you ask?? Because it demonstrates exactly why actually seeing the act is not necessary: Your mind (and any other reader's mind) filled in the details FOR the creators!

Remember: This was a Comics-Code-Approved book; John Byrne followed all the cleanliness rules, as he was surely ordered to do. Mr. B didn't have to show the Super-penetration, or even mention the word "sex"; YOU came up with the whole porn scene yourself! The whole event was only as vulgar as YOU assumed it was! The effect is arguably GREATER than if it had been given the same blatant spread as this Batman/Catwoman display!

This is why the famed murder scene in Hitchcock's "Psycho" is so effective and memorable. You didn't see the knife sink into the shower-lady's flesh, and all the attendant gore so beloved today; you saw a shadow, a knife, and blood going into the drain, and your mind filled in all the details. It's arguably MORE horrific than if you saw the event happen on-camera.

Problem is, too many creators nowadays (especially at current DC) don't understand the concept of subtlety. They have to throw everything right out there. It's ironic that being held back in some way often makes a creator MORE creative, and he/she finds another, MORE effective way to get the same idea across! They couldn't take the easy way out, so they plowed out a BETTER one! I've seen it time and again, and the Superman/Barda story you provided is just another example.

Listen, be honest with yourself. We all know what this is all about. This is about your hatred of "Didio and the Gang."


Wrong again.

But continue to try to drag this onto a tangent, because we both know you actually staying on the issue demonstrates that you don't have an argument.

Don't pretend this is some sort of outrage at sex being depicted in a comic book when you are one of the prepubescent teen manga people.


And now you make an ignorant generalization about manga, to boot.
Trying reaching less; you'll strain your arms that way. :roll:

And get some REAL ammo for your argument, while you're at it.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:32 pm

At least I have an argument. :lol:

You are just rambling without making sense. Do you see a Bat-Cock anywhere in the issue? They are fully clothed. It's just implying what happened.

But again, it was pretty dumb, but there's nothing for you to get outraged about. This really is about your bias. You really hate Didio. We get it. But you are way too pissed off about this for it to be anything else than your Didio hate.
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 pm

The President wrote:At least I have an argument. :lol:


You have yet to present it. :lol:

You are just rambling without making sense. Do you see a Bat-Cock anywhere in the issue? They are fully clothed.


Not with Batman's clothes pulled off the way they are.

"...and MOST of the costumes stay on."
Says it right there.
So, what else ya got??

It's just implying what happened.


Her pelvis meeting his, plus the dialogue, makes it all more explicit.

But again, it was pretty dumb


Then we DO agree.

but there's nothing for you to get outraged about. This really is about your bias. You really hate Didio. We get it. But you are way too pissed off about this for it to be anything else than your Didio hate.


Wrong again.

Still waiting for this argument you claim to have...
Any time now...
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't know what you want me to say. I say you hate Didio. You say no. :smt102 :-D

And by the way, their clothes aren't off.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Herald's kinda right, the Batshirt was pulled up and parts of his Batpants looked partially pulled down based on how they were scrunched up at the top. You could tell what Catwoman was straddling.

Observe:
Image
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 pm

The President wrote:I don't know what you want me to say.


You've said enough.
You DO agree that it was dumb.

I say you hate Didio. You say no. :smt102 :-D


I say it's irrelevant.

And by the way, their clothes aren't off.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image


"...and MOST of the costumes stay on."
Says it right there.
So, what else ya got??
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Herald's kinda right, the Batshirt was pulled up and parts of his Batpants looked partially pulled down based on how they were scrunched up at the top. You could tell what Catwoman was straddling.

Observe:
Image


Maybe, but the way Catwoman is sitting and with her outfit being a full body jumpsuit, it would be kind of hard for the Batcock to be in her without the zipper at least tearing apart her snatch. :lol:
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Herald wrote:
"...and MOST of the costumes stay on."
Says it right there.
So, what else ya got??


I still don't get your point. :smt102
User avatar

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:53 pm

The President wrote:
Maybe, but the way Catwoman is sitting and with her outfit being a full body jumpsuit, it would be kind of hard for the Batcock to be in her without the zipper at least tearing apart her snatch. :lol:


Like I said, you have NO argument. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests